Discussion Board

help please... nokia 6280

Can someone help please?

I recently got a nokia 6280 on 3. ha the phone for 1 day and the phone crashed whilst browsing planet 3, the phone reset it's self and now refuses to boot up. it gets as far as the nokia logo, then the display goes all mad...
    if i take out the sim card, the phone try's to start and just keeps reseting.. and also it wont even power up with the memory card in... 3 tells me there is no known problem with this phone. obviously there is.. does anybody else have this problem or is it just my bad luck?

Re: help please... nokia 6280

it seems like this phone has a lot of crashing issues...!
    But this one sounds very serious.

Indeed.. I have managed to get three to change the handset now. just hope this one don't break after a day.

I too have had a Nokia 6280 for about a month now, I too had to send the first one I had back to Three as it had the problem described above (it suddenly switched itself off and when you tried to turn it on again it would just power down after displaying the nokia screen). The one which I have got now keeps on resetting when I'm browsing 3 services, but at least it comes back on again.

The other problem which I have got with the handset is that I have managed to loose about 1.5mb of free memory from the handset (I was transferring themes using Nokia Series 40 Theme Studio 2.0 when the app would suddenly terminate without warning or any error messages on my computer, and I retried starting the program and transferring the same theme several times, and now my handset says that I have got 1.1 mb of free memory on the handset, when it was 2.6mb prior to this. I cant see any theme files to delete, and I have tried browsing the phone using my PC and I cant see any files to delete that way either.

How do you reset the memory of a 6280?

I have experienced the same exact problem! The phone suddenly crashed while I was transferring a 5Mb multimedia file using Bluetooth. I have been unable to restart the phone ever since ... the screen just flashes four times (white sparks / raster lines on a black background) before the 6280 turns itself off.

same for me.
    I can't believe there is no way to reset the phone!

i asked to the nokia support:
    they sad that reset and os upgrade won't succeed; the only way is to send it and they will repair it in "only" 2/3 weeks

Heyy..
    I just had the same problem I bought it last thursday and it did the same thing today while i was transferring a file from my friend's mobile by bluetooth.. I'm charging it now - I dont know why Im doing this but im too depressed to think- ,, Did you take it to the technical support and they fixed it? How long did it take? And how bad is the problem?
    Thanks..

Thumbs down Re: help please... nokia 6280

same happend to me:
    i was shooting a video into the phone memory until it got empty...

now the phone is not starting anymore.. flashing new SW was also not possible!!!

L

Question Re: help please... nokia 6280

Hello all,

Can anyone help with an estimate of when work on the new firmware will be complete?

Also, if Nokia techs are looking for Beta testers for 6280, I know of around 8,500 users here in Australia who would be willing to try ANYTHING to fix their problems.

NOKIA 6280 firmware ..boooo!!! losers ..

Thumbs down Re: help please... nokia 6280

Yep same thing happend to me.I had the phone only a week and it crashed while i was recording a song off the radio.Does anyone know how to fix the problem.