Discussion Board

List and context pane icon colours

Hi all,
    my app's list and context pane icons don't show the correct colours and in particular I don't have white zones that appear transparent instead. To have solid (non transparent) colours shouldn't be enough to have the whole icon area in the "mask" files, black?
    I'm using 2nd ed platform FP2 and testing on a 6630 phone.

Rocco77

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: List and context pane icon colours

if you don't want to have transparent sections in your icon, it should be enough to have all black mask.

To colors depends on the color depth you have defined for your mbm creation process when making the AIF file. Also if your bmp's are defined with 24 bit colors, then they will show a bit differently in the phone, since your device is not supporting all of the colors.

yucca

Re: List and context pane icon colours

Hi yucca, thank you for your reply.
    There must be something wrong in the aiff creation process by BuilderX (I use it for developing) that I shall try to investigate, because I've already prepared an entirely black mask file (with one bit depth). But even rebuilding the project I always get transparent background but also strange foreground colours even if I set the from 16 to 24 bit the colour option...

Rocco