Discussion Board

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

README FIRST: Tools and SDK Feedback

Welcome to our new Developers Feedback Discussion boards. Please use this discussion board for feedback on Developers Tools and SDKs.

Do not respond to this thread, you should open a new thread for new feedback to Nokia.

This is not a bug reporting forum/system and not for web site bug reports. Use the appropriate channels for those issues/bug reports.

For Symbian C++ questions http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...isplay.php?f=6

For Mobile Java questions http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...isplay.php?f=3

For General Phone Discussions http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...splay.php?f=68

For assistance to programming problems, solutions and general discussion please use the normal disussion groups.

Ron
    Last edited by billbonney; 2006-04-07 at 07:06.

Regular Contributor

Re: Tools and SDK Feedback

Hi Ron

Let me tell you one thing tell me if I want to download SDK for series 60 FP2 for english version where will I get that
    When you go to
    http://forum.nokia.com/info/sw.nokia...16-3.0-mr.html
    Look at the pop up you cannot see the full text.
    Do you have any solution to this problem.
    Last edited by MananW; 2006-08-11 at 08:17.
    Cheers,
    Manan

Hi

Yes, I have installed Nokia S60 3rd edition SDK.

Borut

p.s. sorry, i posted the reply to the wrong thread

Super Contributor

MananW, we are aware of the drop down list problem and we have informed the Web server team of the problem. As I am using IE, I suffer from the same problem. However the lines are fully visible with for example Firefox browser

Hartti

Thumbs down Re: Tools and SDK Feedback

Hello,
    you are wery bad with your developer tools.
    I have downloaded and installed this: Carbide.C++, about 4 or 5 SDK's for Symbian, C++BuilderX, Perl, Java, Microsoft Visual C++ .... and about 10 times reinstalled in different order.
    AND I STILL CANT develop applications for Symbian. Project files produced by SDKs cant be compiled with Microsoft, because of 30 errors in YOUR source code. When i try to compile it with borland,it suceed,but i cannot run it in emulator. And the SDKs designed for C++BuilderX dont work because C++BuilderX dont detect them.
    When i try Carbide, it detect SDKs, but when compiling, it raises an error .... and in FAQ i see, that it is because of bad version of compiler INSTALLED BY CARBIDE.
    And talking about Java is wasting of time.

You can tell me, that i am unlucky, or make some mistakes. But i have been searching for some usable guide for MONTH.

You can see that it makes me angry. But it is your fault. It is the reason, why everybody i know says that Symbian is *wery* bad.

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: Tools and SDK Feedback

Hello Khaj,
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaj
    Hello,
    you are wery bad with your developer tools.
    I have downloaded and installed this: Carbide.C++, about 4 or 5 SDK's for Symbian, C++BuilderX, Perl, Java, Microsoft Visual C++ .... and about 10 times reinstalled in different order.
    AND I STILL CANT develop applications for Symbian. Project files produced by SDKs cant be compiled with Microsoft, because of 30 errors in YOUR source code. When i try to compile it with borland,it suceed,but i cannot run it in emulator. And the SDKs designed for C++BuilderX dont work because C++BuilderX dont detect them.
    When i try Carbide, it detect SDKs, but when compiling, it raises an error .... and in FAQ i see, that it is because of bad version of compiler INSTALLED BY CARBIDE.
    And talking about Java is wasting of time.

You can tell me, that i am unlucky, or make some mistakes. But i have been searching for some usable guide for MONTH.

You can see that it makes me angry. But it is your fault. It is the reason, why everybody i know says that Symbian is *wery* bad.
    There might be some mistake. Because many developers get it successfully working without any installation problems.
    Anyways forget it. Have a fresh start once again.

- Download S60 Symbian C++ SDK from: S60 Platform SDKs for Symbian OS, for C++

- Download Active Perl from: ActivePerl 5.6.1.638

- Download JRE from: http://www.java.com/en/

- Download latest improved Carbide.C++ V1.2 from: Carbide.c++ v1.2
    You should also look into Carbide.C++ screencast: Getting Started with Carbide.c++

It is also worth looking at some Wiki articles:
    - How do I start programming for Symbian OS?
    - S60 3rd Edition: Application Development

Start with examples given in the SDK or you can start with building your own "HelloWorld" application.

Be and enjoy.

All the best.
    Kiran.

I found som inaccuracy.
    Go to this link
    http://library.forum.nokia.com/index...annelInfo.html
    and see
    Link against: SensrvClient.lib
    For TSensrvChannelInfo need SensrvUtil.lib