Discussion Board

NOKIA 8800 KEEPS CUTTING OUT...

Anyone had the same problem? Both batteries, have the same problem; the battery indicator doesnt indicate the true battery power, and the phone keeps dying, usually when on a call. When i start the phone up again, the battery has plenty left...hmm...

Any help would be hugely appreciateD!!!

Regular Contributor

Re: NOKIA 8800 KEEPS CUTTING OUT...

Have u try another supported battery on ur phone or use another phone with ur battery?
    Ruli Rahmadi

Forum Nokia

I HAVE EXACTLY the same problem.

It's ridiculous! This phone clearly has a built in lifespan or a major design flaw, as I was only at my Nokia service dealer yesterday and another customer had the exact same problem! I charged my phone over night and when I make a call it cuts out within a minute, the screen whiting out and freezing.

My phone has been in to Nokia 4 times for repair and each time they have failed to repair it. I am absolutely livid, and disgusted by the service I have recieved from Nokia, especially when I bought a premium phone of theres.

Incidently I had both batteries tested 2 days ago by the Nokia service dealer, and 1 battery was nearly dead, the other was fine. Although this is of no surprse as the phone will cut out even on charge - with both batteries. And YES the chargers are fine, they charge my 8910i fine.

The 4th time Nokia had my phone, I was told by the guy Kiran on support that my phones motherboard and insides would be completely replaced, and I wrote a note to them in my package asking them to test the batteries specifically. If they had tested the batteries they would have found out whether they needed to replace my phones internals, but it seems they did niether as the phone is STILL broken.

I believe the only reason they are giving me such poor service is the fact my warranty runs out at the end of January, so they are dragging there feet so they don't have to pay out.

And my phones the gun metal grey 8800! Rare as hell, and I want it to work!

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Their is no answer for these 3 year old messages because this is the wrong place to go for answers. I'd suggest you try the end users discussion board http://discussions.europe.nokia.com to see if anyone else has shared your experience and have a solution.

By the way look to see what applications you have on, bluetooth on older models used a lot of power. Some alarms would suck down the power too. Also if you are roaming a lot as in driving a car it takes a lot more power than if you are in the same location all the time.

Ron