Discussion Board

Re: Nokia 6600 Problem

Quote Originally Posted by sangack
    My Handset Nokia 6600 is getting switched off very frequently. Anyone know what could be the problem?
    The problem is a brand Nokia. This is I think quite common problem with Nokia mobile phones. Sometimes software updates might help but usually you are very sticked to it. This is the price that you have to pay for owning a symbian based Nokia phone.

BR,

Karifull

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by sangack
    My Handset Nokia 6600 is getting switched off very frequently. Anyone know what could be the problem?
    I don´t agree with Karifull. I now own my 5th Symbian phones and I haven´t experienced almost any problems, except some software updates (but that you do with a computer also...so that is nothing weird).

If your phone switches off let a servicepoint have a look at it and they probably will be able to fix it.

To be honest I don´t understand Karifull´s point. I think Nokias handsets are in the top among manufacturers regarding the quality.

Quote Originally Posted by damn_delicious
    I don´t agree with Karifull. I now own my 5th Symbian phones and I haven´t experienced almost any problems, except some software updates (but that you do with a computer also...so that is nothing weird).

If your phone switches off let a servicepoint have a look at it and they probably will be able to fix it.

To be honest I don´t understand Karifull´s point. I think Nokias handsets are in the top among manufacturers regarding the quality.
    You might be right. However, I own myself Nokia 6230i and 6670 phones. I have never had any problems with 6230i phone (it is a business phone) even though I have owned it much longer than 6670. With 6670 this is now third phone that doesn't work. I have owned approx 15-20 different Nokia mobile phones starting from mobira cityman 5000. In my experience I have noticed that some of the Nokia models work well but those that doesn't has really bad quality issues as they are not even able to deliver to me a working phone from service. Most of the problematic phones have been symbian series 60 based phones.

BR,

Karifull

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Hi Kariful,

We now have a discussion board for suggestions and feedback and to some extent opinions such as you have expressed. It would be useful if you would submit your feedback on thatforum.

If someone posts a question looking for help and you post an opinion, you are doing a disservice to the person that needs the help.

Thank you in advacne for becoming a source for solutions.

Ron

Dear Ron,

I am sorry, but your message tries even less to solve Sangacks' problem than mine. My solution was to change the mobile phone brand. You didn't give any solution.

BR,

Karifull

Quote Originally Posted by Nokia Ron
    Hi Kariful,

We now have a discussion board for suggestions and feedback and to some extent opinions such as you have expressed. It would be useful if you would submit your feedback on thatforum.

If someone posts a question looking for help and you post an opinion, you are doing a disservice to the person that needs the help.

Thank you in advacne for becoming a source for solutions.

Ron

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

This thread was moved to a more appropriate discussion forum

Ron

hey guys.. can anyone help me.. i have nokia e66 and wish to insall emotions (smiles)for sms.. i dont want to pay for something that i think it should already be there.. pls help me........ thanks thanks thanks

Super Contributor

Welcome to the Dibo :-)

Your query looks more like an end user one and for a more suitable and end-user focused answer please see http://www.nokia.com/support or http://www.nokia.com/discussions
    Cheers,
    Mayank