Discussion Board

Thread: Help!

Help!

I recently purchased the nokia 6630i and was hoping to be able to sign into AOL instant messenger but unfortunately o2 apparently doesn't support the service, i'm now trying to sign into AIM through their official website but it keeps coming up '' we are sorry but you will need to enable cookies and javascript' and i've looked everywhere but cant find anywhere. could some possible help me out there?

Super Contributor

Re: Help!

On my nokia 6630, which may do you know good, cus not 6630i, but select web/browser application, click options, click settings, scroll way down, and there is setting for cookies and java/ECMA script
    Jason Glass
    http://IChiBanComputers.Com

I would imagine its pretty much the same - Do you actually go into the web/browser? because when i do it doesn't list anything saying options, it just says home, bookmarks, download links and so on. It does say 'options' before i actually go into web browser but even then it just comes with 'main menu view', i'm confused because surely theres some way of sorting it out.

Super Contributor

The exact steps I perform, and grant you i have the icon view, are:

1. navigate to "web" open it
    2. left soft key says options, select itscroll way down, passed "navigation options" and "advanced options" to "settings", select it
    3. scroll way down in this menu, and you should see a Cookies menu item, and Java/ECMA script menu item

If you dont see this, maybe you have a different carriers browser, such as TMobile browser? Not sure.
    Jason Glass

I'm with o2, i followed your steps which i appreciate by the way but once i opened "web" the left soft key never said 'options' all it has is 'select' in the centre and 'back' to the right hand side.

Super Contributor

ahh, sorry, figures. should be somewhere though, as you said, maybe it is just when web is selected, cant get into similar menu that way, i.e. you said it said options then.

it must be somewhere, unless there browser doesnt support it. can you use opera, or reqwireless or something, dont know if they have the support your looking for though!
    Jason Glass

I appreciate your help Jason.

I just downloaded opera onto my phone but before i can go on any sites it says something about 'subscribe to GPRS first' what does that mean? also where does opera save to because ive closed it and cant find it again?

Super Contributor

on my device, if you select the applications key, i.e. where web icon is located that we went to before, then scroll all the way down, it shows all the apps and midlets I have installed, so on same screen that says messaging, web, etc, you should see Opera

subscribe to GPRS, means you may not have data service, or if you do, the access point might not be setup.

when you clicked opera, or opened it, and it tried to go to web, did you select the access point to use?
    Jason Glass

It doesn't offer me an access point to use for some reason, where should it say?