Discussion Board

Error importing Symbian signed developer certificate

Hi

I am having trouble importing a Symbian signed developer certificate into the jar signing toolkits ie. java wireless tool kit ,netbeans 4.1 or NDS for JME 3.0.

I downloaded the symbian developer certificate request app and used it to make the .csr file and submitted it to the symbian signed server.

When I try to load the certificate, that was produced by the server, into any of the signing toolkits listed above it throws the following error :

"Error importing certificate : java.security.cert.CertificateParsingException : invalid DER-encoded certificate data"

Am I using the wrong toolkit to read the certificate or is the certificate corrupt?

Thanks
    Andrew

Super Contributor

Exclamation Re: Error importing Symbian signed developer certificate

are you sure it is the correct certificate, i think i had that problem also, maybe you are using the verisign symbian code signing certificate when you should be, or need to be using the verisign java code signing certificate

sin.
    Jason Glass
    http://IChiBanComputers.Com

Re: Error importing Symbian signed developer certificate

Hello Andrew,
    unfortunately I have the same problem. I am using the signing tool that comes a s part of the carbide.j plugin for eclipse. Therefore, I think it has nothing to do with the signing tool. Maybe Jason is right, since in all the signing guides on the symbian signed homepage they only ever use the certificate to sign .sis applications. So maybe you can't use this certificate to sign MIDlet. But I am not sur about that. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dan

This certificate is no option for MIDlets. Either you go for no signing, VeriSign, thawte or Java Verified.