mobimol v0.6- worlds first molecule viewer for s60 phones
currently this viewer reads only .xyz files and has very, very basic functionality.
you will see more features in a few days... (hope to get some spare time to do this!)
log version :
- added line and circle model for displaying atoms (as suggested by korakotc, thanks)
- thanks to cyke64 for announcing mobimol in nokia developer forum and giving an example .xyz file
- fixed lots of bugs. one notable one is the call to math.acos() in findAngle(), which i feel is a bug in the implementation of acos rather than my code.
- the other notable change is that the painting technique has changed from endless loop to canvas.redraw_callback method, this has greately reduced the cpu cycles mobimol consumes.
- apart from the H2O coordinates provided by [cyke64] on nokia forums, you may also obtain benzene(C6H6) coordinates from here http://tovganesh.googlepages.com/benz.xyz.
- minor changes, added a new filechooser
- a few bug fixes, particulary regarding rendering.
well, i never thought that i would be writing my first mobile app in python! java was my first choice, but as you see python and nokia have a nice combination only problem is that its not as truely portable as java. that is the cost paid for easness.. this script was written in about half a day, and about an hour to get used to the s60 python APIs.
and finally this all means that i have got a mobile! so that would be a real surprise for a lot of people that i know (u will get my number shortly )
Try with this file for water molecule : H2Ohe XYZ format is not strictly defined and there are various versions floating around; this module accepts the following:
First line: atom count (optional)
Second line: molecule name or comment (optional)
All other lines: (symbol or atomic number), x, y, and z coordinates separated by spaces, tabs, or commas.
or this complex molecule benzene : http://tovganesh.googlepages.com/benz.xyzCode:3 water H 0.000000 0.746706 -0.479750 O 0.000000 0.000000 0.119938 H 0.000000 -0.746706 -0.479750