Discussion Board

SDK 3rd and SIP problem

Hi,
    I'm trying to use the SipExample present in SDK 3d Edition...and I'm trying to learn to use Carbide :P

However, I've compiled the example on two pc and made running the example on emulator via SIP Server Emulator.

Now the two clients success to register on server, but when I try to send an invite, the other client answers with a SIP 415 Unsupported Media Type.

It seems to be a problem of the Sip Resolver, which doesn't register the content type of SipEx in the Ecom plugin resolver, so when client receives the invitation it doesn't know to use Sipexample to answer to that invite.

I tried to compile for winscw and armi, in order to creato all rsc files.

Have anyone the same problem or solution?

Thank you very much

Re: SDK 3rd and SIP problem

After a certain number of trials, I've some question:

1) why Ecom.rom.z.dat (used by Ecom framework) is places under epoc32\winscw\c\private\10009D8F while in SDK Documentation under Using Ecom Section 10009D8D is provided as Ecom DLL recognition UID? Is It ok?

2) compiling sipexample and, therefore, SipResolverPlugin, the Resolver rsc file is created with the name of A000001E.rsc under Epoc32\release\winscw\udeb\z while in MMP file there's that A000001E.rss has to be compiled as SipExResolverPlugin.rsc.
    from resolverplugin.mmp
    START RESOURCE ..\Data\A00001EC.rss
    TARGET SIPExResolverPlugin.rsc
    END
    Why this?

3) I'm using 3 pc to test the example on emulators and sip server emulator. Now I setted the clients to use TCP protocol: registration from both the clients use tcp packets, but when I send an invite from one client (TCP packet), server forwards the request to other client using UDP packets, and that client also answer with a sip 415 using UDP. Finally server sends a sip 415 on TCP to the first client. Is it ok the mixed use of different protocols?

Thank you very much.

I'm running into a similar problem myself. I keep getting 415 Unsupported Media Type when I try to send SIP MESSAGE requests between real 3rd edition devices. No emulators involved.

In terms of mixing protocols, it is fine if the proxy you are using supports both. The proxy will take a UDP packet and happily send it to a client on a TCP pipe and vice versa.

I should note that I tried with my own application.
    Last edited by murkyl; 2006-03-22 at 22:22.

I've just tried with 2 different S60 3rd edition phones and on the phones themselves the example code seems to work. I can send IMs between the phones and I do not get a 415 error.

So the defaults seem to work ok when you do a gcce build.

I Think the problem with the emulator is related to the registration of Ecom SIP Plugin. Seems that carbide don't support new PLUGIN structure. Looking the Symbian OS Guide, moreover, talking about ecom plugins say that the resource complied are placed in /system/libs/plugins directories; ... but this is the old structure of the SDK; with Symbian 9.1 seems it is changed, the .rsc files are placed in /resources/plugins and .dll files are placed in udeb directory. I tried moving .rsc file from udeb/z into /resources/plugins but it doesn't work. I think Ecom framework of the emulator is ignoring the SIP plugin!

Unhappy Re: SDK 3rd and SIP problem

I have encountered the same problem. Anyone have idea how to fix it?

Regular Contributor

hi,
    i'm new in symbian programming.i've worked with series60 v2.now i want to work with series60 v3 and vs.net.how an i set the working environment.i've installed series60 v3.(symbian9.1).and vs.net.but can't build project.i can't link vs.net with symbian.

i dont know the commands.coz the "abld build wins udeb" doesn't work.

pls help.

-konica

scarex80 have you solved this problem?

-Pazuuka-

I had same problem. Only thing that helped was re-install SDK and build SIPEx under dos-prompt. Don't use Carbide for compiling resolver.

ask:sipexample can run the same pc??

hello,
    I'm studying the sip,I have compile the sipexample successfully,I run the two emulator and the sip server emulator on the same pc.
    when I run them ,it can "profile enabled!" but when invite for game and send instant message .it can not success. I don't Know why it is ???
    I use the vc2003.net and s60 3rd.
    please give me a hand!!!

Re: ask:sipexample can run the same pc??

hello
    I meet the same problem: "invite declined by remote: 415",any one solve the problem tell us ,thank you