Discussion Board

how to build sis in carbide C++ ?

how to build sis in carbide C++ ?

i can not find that!

please help me ,thank you !

Super Contributor

Re: how to build sis in carbide C++ ?

Check Express Help: Symbian OS projects -> Tasks -> Projects -> PKG/SIS Files, working with, or http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...ad.php?t=75437.

Quote Originally Posted by mitts
    Check Express Help: Symbian OS projects -> Tasks -> Projects -> PKG/SIS Files, working with, or http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...ad.php?t=75437.
    you mentioned "phone target (ARMI, THUMB or GCCE)"

but in my carbide ,only have ARMI, THUMB ,and they both doesn't work,
    if i choose one of them , the button of "run" isnot available.

i don't known the reason. please help me!
    thank you!

Super Contributor

How about just reading through the On-line documentation provided to start off with? In the Release notes are listed the targets and how the relate to SDKs. So ARMI and THUMB are for S60 2nd Ed SDKs so if you only have those you will see no GCCE, GCCE is used by 3.0.

And in the in the Online Help section "First Application Example" there is a section on Deplyoing programs. When you build for a target, you don't Run, you deploy the application to the phone, install it on the phone and then run on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by mitts
    How about just reading through the On-line documentation provided to start off with? In the Release notes are listed the targets and how the relate to SDKs. So ARMI and THUMB are for S60 2nd Ed SDKs so if you only have those you will see no GCCE, GCCE is used by 3.0.

And in the in the Online Help section "First Application Example" there is a section on Deplyoing programs. When you build for a target, you don't Run, you deploy the application to the phone, install it on the phone and then run on the phone.

There is no information about the method of making sis file.

but i think the problem maybe that : i should creat excutable project but Symbian Polymorphic DLL Project.

another problem came out . i can't create 2.x excutable project.if i choose 3.x excutable project and then click next, NO SDK founded.

what should I do ?

Super Contributor

As I said, you should first study the docs, eg. on .sis file creation here is a quote from online help: "Carbide.c++ attempts to build SIS files for all phone targets when a PKG file exists in a given build project."

Next, the type of project you should create depends on what you need to do, see online Help section "Project types". Not all info is covered in tools documentation, you need also to study some basic Symbian books/tutorials to understand what you might need.

Then you need to select and download appropriate SDKs. The SDK is dependent on what phone model you want to run the application on, see http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/0,,1...matrixType=s60. Some tempates only work with certain SDKs and if the required SDK is not on your machine, you will not be able to create the project. In this case, download the appropriate SDK.

hi I m new to Carbide.C++?
    I have done symbian dev using Visual studio?
    now I want to transfer to Carbide C++.
    And i don't knw how to switch armi build/debug build ?
    I have chk on left side but its says menu readonly and I m not able to access help also
    smitesh

Super Contributor

Check Carbide.c++ Help, section: "Viewing and Changing Build Configurations"

Hi smit9612,
    You can change the build platform by clicking arrow button beside the blue 'i' icon on the right upper screen.
    Or you can change it on the project properties window. click the blue 'i' icon or right click the project icon and choose properties to show the properties window.

good luck