Discussion Board

problem in release build

Hello,
    I have installed the latest carbide c++ version (1.0), and s60 sdk suggested for my N70 phone S60-SDK-0548-3.0-f.3.215f.zip. When i compile the simplest hello word console project in release mode (build configuration S60 3.0 Phone (GCEE) Release) i have the following errors:

**** Full rebuild of configuration S60 3.0 Phone (GCCE) Release for project test1 ****

make -k clean all
    del /s/q .\src\test1.o C:\nokia\workspace\test1\sis\test1.sis C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\release\GCCE\UREL\test1.exe
    Could Not Find C:\nokia\workspace\test1\S60 3.0 Phone (GCCE) Release\src\test1.o
    Could Not Find C:\nokia\workspace\test1\sis\test1.sis
    Could Not Find C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\release\GCCE\UREL\test1.exe
    ' '
    'Building file: ../src/test1.cpp'
    'Invoking: GCCE Compiler'
    arm-none-symbianelf-g++.exe -c -pipe -mapcs -nostdinc -x c++ -march=armv5t -fexceptions -mfloat-abi=soft -D_DEBUG -D_UNICODE -D__GCCE__ -D__SYMBIAN32__ -D__EPOC32__ -D__MARM__ -D__EABI__ -D__MARM_ARMV5__ -D__EXE__ -D__SUPPORT_CPP_EXCEPTIONS__ -D__SERIES60_30__ -D__SERIES60_3X__ -D__PRODUCT_INCLUDE__="C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include\variant\Symbian_OS_v9.1.hrh" -include "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\\EPOC32\INCLUDE\GCCE\GCCE.h" -Wall -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -Wno-unknown-pragmas -I "C:\nokia\workspace\test1\inc" -I "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include" -I "C:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\bin" -I "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include\variant" -I "" -o src/test1.o ../src/test1.cpp
    process_begin: CreateProcess((null), arm-none-symbianelf-g++.exe -c -pipe -mapcs -nostdinc -x c++ -march=armv5t -fexceptions -mfloat-abi=soft -D_DEBUG -D_UNICODE -D__GCCE__ -D__SYMBIAN32__ -D__EPOC32__ -D__MARM__ -D__EABI__ -D__MARM_ARMV5__ -D__EXE__ -D__SUPPORT_CPP_EXCEPTIONS__ -D__SERIES60_30__ -D__SERIES60_3X__ -D__PRODUCT_INCLUDE__=C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include\variant\Symbian_OS_v9.1.hrh -include C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\\EPOC32\INCLUDE\GCCE\GCCE.h -Wall -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -Wno-unknown-pragmas -I C:\nokia\workspace\test1\inc -I C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include -I "C:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\bin" -I C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include\variant -I "" -o src/test1.o ../src/test1.cpp, ...) failed.
    make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.

make: *** [src/test1.o] Error 2
    'Building file: sis/test1.pkg'
    'Invoking: CreateSis (Installation File Generator)'
    createsis create -pass DefaultPassword "sis/test1.pkg" C:/nokia/workspace/test1/sis/test1.sis
    Processing sis/test1.pkg...
    sis/test1.pkg(18) : error: file I/O fault.
    ERROR! Failed at makesis "sis/test1.pkg"
    make: *** [C:/nokia/workspace/test1/sis/test1.sis] Error 1
    make: Target `all' not remade because of errors.
    Build complete for project test1

Please help,
    Thanks.

Super Contributor

Re: problem in release build

Hi,

Firstly, if you are building for the N70, you have the wrong SDK, see http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/0,,1...matrixType=s60 for what SDK you need for which phone.

For the 3.0 SDK, it might be that you have not yet installed the arm-tools, see the 3.0 SDK for information (this is a separate install that must be done after the SDK installation).

Thank you,
    I see that N70 support S60 2nd Edition, Feature Pack 3 sdk, and i will install it.
    Regarding 3.0 SDK, i have installed CLS Arm Toolchain (so this is not the problem), do i need to manually configure some paths in carbide ide?

Super Contributor

For 3.0, installing the ARM tools should be enough, no other things should be needed. How exactly did you create the project?

Hi,
    I've create the project like is described in documentation: file/new/Symbian OS C++ project; in templates form i selected Symbian Executable Project/Basic console application (EXE). I've made this a couple of times but the results are the same, in debug built everything is ok, in release I have the posted errors.
    My system is D600 (Laptop) with winxp sp2, but i think has nothing to do with this.
    Thanks

Super Contributor

OK,

I now see one issue, for some reason your build uses [ -I "C:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\bin" ]

when the correct include should be:
    [ -I "C:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\lib\gcc\arm-none-symbianelf\3.4.3\include" ]

Now why this happen I have no idea at this time, somehow I suspect that it still has something to do with the ARM toolchain installation, but..

Could you pls:
    - check that you have the actual include directory installed, ie C:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\lib\gcc\arm-none-symbianelf\3.4.3\include
    - add this directory manually to your project and try to build. To manually add an Include path, right click on the project name, select Properties, C++ Build, choose from the dropdown the GCCE configuration and then in the "GCCE Compiler -> Include Paths" tool tab add the include directory. Compiling should now be OK (but .sis file creation will still fail as the .pkg file must be manually edited for full 3.0 content).
    - try some other S60 3.0 application, like 3.0 Hello World, do you see the same issue with that one?

Hi mitts,
    I've installed the S60 2nd fp3 and everything is ok with this. Thank you.
    Regarding 3.0 issues:
    I have that include directory installed;
    for a historical view, i have made the following actions: installed carbide, 30 sdk and active perl, after some builds i sew the release problem and i've installed arm tools;
    I followed your suggestions but there are still some compiling errors (you can see the capture bellow)
    even with other 3.0 Hello World applications, the errors are the same.
    Maybe i will try to reinstall the 3.0 sdk and arm tools to see if the problem persist...
    Thanks

**** Full rebuild of configuration S60 3.0 Phone (GCCE) Release for project test1 ****

make -k clean all
    del /s/q .\src\test1.o C:\nokia\workspace\test1\sis\test1.sis C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\release\GCCE\UREL\test1.exe
    Could Not Find C:\nokia\workspace\test1\S60 3.0 Phone (GCCE) Release\src\test1.o
    Could Not Find C:\nokia\workspace\test1\sis\test1.sis
    Could Not Find C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\release\GCCE\UREL\test1.exe
    ' '
    'Building file: ../src/test1.cpp'
    'Invoking: GCCE Compiler'
    arm-none-symbianelf-g++.exe -c -pipe -mapcs -nostdinc -x c++ -march=armv5t -fexceptions -mfloat-abi=soft -D_DEBUG -D_UNICODE -D__GCCE__ -D__SYMBIAN32__ -D__EPOC32__ -D__MARM__ -D__EABI__ -D__MARM_ARMV5__ -D__EXE__ -D__SUPPORT_CPP_EXCEPTIONS__ -D__SERIES60_30__ -D__SERIES60_3X__ -D__PRODUCT_INCLUDE__="C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include\variant\Symbian_OS_v9.1.hrh" -include "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\\EPOC32\INCLUDE\GCCE\GCCE.h" -BC:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\lib\gcc\arm-none-symbianelf\3.4.3\include -B"C:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\lib\gcc\arm-none-symbianelf\3.4.3\include" -Wall -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -Wno-unknown-pragmas -I "C:\nokia\workspace\test1\inc" -I "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include" -I "C:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\bin" -I "C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include\variant" -I "" -o src/test1.o ../src/test1.cpp
    process_begin: CreateProcess((null), arm-none-symbianelf-g++.exe -c -pipe -mapcs -nostdinc -x c++ -march=armv5t -fexceptions -mfloat-abi=soft -D_DEBUG -D_UNICODE -D__GCCE__ -D__SYMBIAN32__ -D__EPOC32__ -D__MARM__ -D__EABI__ -D__MARM_ARMV5__ -D__EXE__ -D__SUPPORT_CPP_EXCEPTIONS__ -D__SERIES60_30__ -D__SERIES60_3X__ -D__PRODUCT_INCLUDE__=C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include\variant\Symbian_OS_v9.1.hrh -include C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\\EPOC32\INCLUDE\GCCE\GCCE.h -BC:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\lib\gcc\arm-none-symbianelf\3.4.3\include "-BC:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\lib\gcc\arm-none-symbianelf\3.4.3\include" -Wall -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -Wno-unknown-pragmas -I C:\nokia\workspace\test1\inc -I C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include -I "C:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\bin" -I C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include\variant -I "" -o src/test1.o ../src/test1.cpp, ...) failed.
    make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.

make: *** [src/test1.o] Error 2
    'Building file: sis/test1.pkg'
    'Invoking: CreateSis (Installation File Generator)'
    createsis create -pass DefaultPassword "sis/test1.pkg" C:/nokia/workspace/test1/sis/test1.sis
    Processing sis/test1.pkg...
    sis/test1.pkg(18) : error: file I/O fault.
    ERROR! Failed at makesis "sis/test1.pkg"
    make: *** [C:/nokia/workspace/test1/sis/test1.sis] Error 1
    make: Target `all' not remade because of errors.
    Build complete for project test1

Super Contributor

So I suspect that the installation order has somehow created havoc. Before you uninstall/install all SDK, try the following:

- Go to Windows ->Preferences ->Carbide.c++ ->SDK Preferences
    - Select the S60 3.0 SDK
    - The Remove button now becomes available
    - Press "Remove"
    - There is a warning window, just choose "Yes"
    - Close the Preferences wizard by pressing OK

- Reopen the same window
    - Press "Rescan now"
    - The S60 3.0 SDK should reapper on the list
    - Close the wizard by pressing OK.

Create a new 3.0 project (this should have no effect on the existing projects), preferable the 3.0 Hello world (make sure you have not had a project with the same name before that you have deleted, use a totally new project name) and then build. Success or not?

sorry, the same errors after i followed your suggestions..
    I've reinstalled all s3 sdk (including arm tools) and everything is ok now.
    Thanks.