Discussion Board

Thumbs down 6280 Device Crash

Yet another device crash, was entering a message when I closed the slider, the message was saved to draft, went into draft to start editing the message again and the device froze requiring a power down. I now have no way of getting into draft to remove the offending message. Shame the phone OS seems to letting down a device that has the potential to be very good.

Firmware version V3.60 10-02-06 RM-78
    Last edited by AdyW_RP; 2006-03-26 at 11:45.

Re: 6280 Device Crash

My 6280 crashed yesterday - only 4 days old - out of the box

Unfortunately my crash seems to be a little more serious than those previously mentioned.

I can no longer boot the phone ..... I get the NOKIA sign but then a second later it crashes.

Is there no way to boot in a safe mode, or reset the defaults without booting it?

The problem occured after switching "themes" / skin I think i was accessing them on the SD mini.

It is SO annoying having to send phones back - bloody inconvient.

Super Contributor

Hi Rikk03! Welcome To Nokia Discussion Boards!!

Could you please try remoing your MMC and rebooting your phone? Also just give a try with removing the battery, SIM and re-fit it and try a restart.Make sure that your battery is fully charged(incase you have missed) If still problem persists, its better to give to a nearest Nokia Care center and get it serviced.

Regards
    Gopal

Quote Originally Posted by AdyW_RP
    Yet another device crash, was entering a message when I closed the slider, the message was saved to draft, went into draft to start editing the message again and the device froze requiring a power down. I now have no way of getting into draft to remove the offending message. Shame the phone OS seems to letting down a device that has the potential to be very good.

Firmware version V3.60 10-02-06 RM-78
    Where did you get V 3.6 from, virtually every other 6280 that I have seen as just got V 3.36 which keeps on crashing and resetting. I have lost about 1.5mb of memory from the handset - I know that this occured while using s40 theme studio 2.0 to transfer a theme to the phone (I tried transferring the same theme several times) but the app kept on terminating itself without any error messages (I think that the phone may have reset itself while transferring the themes). I still need to know how to reset the memory on this phone (to try and recover the lost memory - factory reset just resets the settings).

I had to send the first 6280 back to 3 and get it replaced as I had the problem where the phone crashed and switched itself off and would not boot again (I was browsing 3's services when it crashed). and the one which I have got now keeps on crashing but at least this one just resets and does not die, but both of the handsets that I had where v 3.36 firmware (5/12/05)

Is this handset capable of over-the-air firmware updates?

I have tried all the tricks too, and it keeps reebooting all the time. I know 4 other who has the phone and they all have that problem. I will seriously consider a new phone, of another brand soon. It is really a shame, but it is such a major problem that cannot be neglected. And the fact that Nokia didn't fix this problem up till now gives me the impressions that they really don't care about that type of phone. I think that the OS is a early prototype, not really tested, and only meant for market test or something. Shame on you Nokia.

I'm having the same problem and am also using the phone in the U.S. on T-mobiles network. My question is - where could one get the firmware updated in the U.S. since it's technically not supported in the U.S.

Phantom - Ghost messages - Also, is anyone getting text messages though no details or message appears?

BTW I am on V 3.40

Thumbs down Re: 6280 Device Crash

Quote Originally Posted by bluespotdk
    ... I think that the OS is a early prototype, not really tested, and only meant for market test or something. Shame on you Nokia.
    nice!!

mine is damaged too!!! out of the box and lived about 3 hours!!!
    filled the MC with mp3s and tried to make a video... Video was saved into the phone memory...

now its not starting anymore... removing the MC helped a little bit - i can see now the nokia logo but the phone is imediately restarting after that...

NSC could not flash new SW on it.. So its now in the repair center somwhere in czech republic!!!!

where could one get the firmware updated in the U.S.

Super Contributor

Hi cusimk! Welcome to Nokia Discussion Boards!!

You could update the firmware of your device from a nearest Nokia care/service center.

I could not find out the address list of Nokia care/service center's of Nokia USA.(May be I have missed!) If you are unable to find any, you could also contact the support in "Contact us" page of Nokia USA.
    http://www.nokiausa.com/support/cont...,1904,,00.html

Here are the links of Nokia care center locators across the globe.
    http://www.google.co.in/search?hl=en...+locator&meta=

Also I have came acros this links
    http://www.nokiausa.com/support/repa...,1930,,00.html
    http://www.nokiausa.com/support/warranty

Regards
    Gopal
    Last edited by balagopalks; 2006-06-15 at 04:15. Reason: Added more links.

My 6280 has a similar problem.
    Sometimes, it just reboots it self for no reason, it comes back on ok.
    It's like it's not turned off and that.
    The wallpaper goes blank, and I have to select the wallpaper again.

Any help?

I have the very same issue as ocelotrevs

My 6280 crashes, reboots and white screens at any point, even during calls.

It has done this for a while, but has now got even worse. It seems to now take ages in accessing the gallery, so it now takes so long to re-apply the wallpaper I just don't bother.

Its battery seems to deteriorate rapidly too - not sure if this is related.

Is there ANY fix to this? I do not have a replacement 3G phone and am not willing to pay for one when this handset should work.

Shocking handset - I am going back to Sony Ericsson ASAP and am recommending others to do the same!

Super Contributor

Hi rmehta! Welcome to Nokia Developer discussion Boards!!

Pelase note that this Nokia Developer discussion boards, would like to suggest that, Nokia end user products support questions should be addressed at Nokia's online support sites http://www.nokia.com/support .
    Also there are some localized product support forums and one that is monitored and where you can get attention and solutions http://discussions.nokia.co.uk/discussions/. If you post your concerns there you may get a response from there.

Regards
    Gopal