Discussion Board

problem viewing variable values when debugging

Hi,

I've been trying to debug a complex problem, but I am having difficulties as the debugger won't display the values of the variables in the details area. (I can get at the values by using the right click menu and chosing to change the value, but this is getting tedious

Edit: I forgot to mention that this is in Carbide.c++ Express

The details area displays the following (without quotes)
    "unknown error Ò101124Ó"

in addition, in the problems tab there are numerious entries all of which are like the following (I don't know whether they are related, but I thought I would raise the point at the same time).

Error 2006-03-25 22:26:05.500 Error logged from Debug Core:
    org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: vmcid: SUN minor code: 201 completed: No
    at com.sun.corba.se.impl.logging.ORBUtilSystemException.connectFailure(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.corba.se.impl.logging.ORBUtilSystemException.connectFailure(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.corba.se.impl.transport.SocketOrChannelConnectionImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.corba.se.impl.transport.SocketOrChannelConnectionImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.corba.se.impl.transport.SocketOrChannelContactInfoImpl.createConnection(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.corba.se.impl.protocol.CorbaClientRequestDispatcherImpl.beginRequest(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.corba.se.impl.protocol.CorbaClientDelegateImpl.request(Unknown Source)
    at org.omg.CORBA.portable.ObjectImpl._request(Unknown Source)
    at cwdbg._TargetStub.AddRef(Unknown Source)
    at com.freescale.cdt.debug.cw.core.cdi.Session.getCwdbgTarget(Unknown Source)
    at com.freescale.cdt.debug.cw.core.cdi.Session.isUsingExecutable(Unknown Source)
    at com.freescale.cdt.debug.cw.core.cdi.Session.getSessionsUsingExecutable(Unknown Source)
    at com.freescale.cdt.debug.cw.CWBreakpointNotification.sendChangedEvent(Unknown Source)
    at com.freescale.cdt.debug.cw.CWBreakpointNotification.BreakpointEnabled(Unknown Source)
    at cwdbg.BreakpointNotificationPOA._invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.corba.se.impl.protocol.CorbaServerRequestDispatcherImpl.dispatchToServant(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.corba.se.impl.protocol.CorbaServerRequestDispatcherImpl.dispatch(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.corba.se.impl.protocol.CorbaMessageMediatorImpl.handleRequestRequest(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.corba.se.impl.protocol.CorbaMessageMediatorImpl.handleRequest(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.corba.se.impl.protocol.CorbaMessageMediatorImpl.handleInput(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.corba.se.impl.protocol.giopmsgheaders.RequestMessage_1_2.callback(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.corba.se.impl.protocol.CorbaMessageMediatorImpl.handleRequest(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.corba.se.impl.transport.SocketOrChannelConnectionImpl.dispatch(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.corba.se.impl.transport.SocketOrChannelConnectionImpl.doWork(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.corba.se.impl.orbutil.threadpool.ThreadPoolImpl$WorkerThread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
    at sun.nio.ch.Net.connect(Native Method)
    at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
    at java.nio.channels.SocketChannel.open(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.corba.se.impl.transport.DefaultSocketFactoryImpl.createSocket(Unknown Source)
    ... 23 more

Regards
    Last edited by jas203; 2006-03-25 at 22:38. Reason: Missed a detail