Discussion Board

Thread: J2ME HELP!!!

J2ME HELP!!!

i need to write a j2me application for mobile phone to communicate with a server page using gprs via J2ME, and i know nothing about it: gprs settings, gprs connection api...
    could anyone help me? sample codes or useful links..

Thank you.

Super Contributor

Re: J2ME HELP!!!

download the sun wireless toolkit, get their example of http running in emulator, once it works in emulator, tweak it so it tals to your webserver, once is all working in emaultor, post jad and jar to webserver, and download to phone, unless you can cable it over and install it, then cross your fingers!

If you need more help, I would be happy to oblidge!
    Jason Glass
    http://IChiBanComputers.Com

is it possible to have a own gprs connection with own settings?
    if yes, how can it be done?

Super Contributor

is it possible to have a own gprs connection with own settings?

i might not fully understand your question, but if I understand correctly...
    some devices, allow you to set an access point per application, my 6630 does not, when the midlet tries to connect to the internet, it prompts user to allow or disallow, then my device, if user allowed it, prompts user for which access point to use

I select a WAP access Point generally but sometimes an access point, that is a copy of the default minus the proxy settings,.Cingular, I think only has one access point, not like tmobile with a GPRS/Internet/Internet2 access points

then java midlet goes onto internet and does its thing, unless the access points are screwed up, or the user interupts, all should be good.

Access popints are sent to device, or you program them into device, based on your carriers settings

You have to have data service, for a MIDlet to get on the internet, generally.

if yes, how can it be done?
    as stated, to create your own, or a copy of your carriers access point, you just asked the carrier to send you the settings, or you manually enter them into device, when midlet wants to connect, you select that, or any access pint that works, to be honest

did you find the wireless toolkit, and download it? or did you download Nokias J2ME sdk yet, that would be your first starting point.

When you get an app or example app running on that, then you are ready for real device.
    Jason Glass
    http://IChiBanComputers.Com