Discussion Board

Exclamation 6280 problem playing 3pg

3gp (encoded by whether H.263 or mpeg4 @176x144, using Ulead Toolbox2 accompanied the phone package) cannot play smoothly on my 6280.
    The video is either out of sync with the audio, or it lags.

I use Hyundai 1GB miniSD. At first, I think maybe the problem is from my miniSD (Maybe the read/write rate is not high enough). However, later, I saved the file into 6280's internal memory. The problem still exist. I think that's the problem of firmware or the media player of 6280?

Anyone encounter the same issue?

Re: 6280 problem playing 3pg

Quote Originally Posted by raphael_c
    3gp (encoded by whether H.263 or mpeg4 @176x144, using Ulead Toolbox2 accompanied the phone package) cannot play smoothly on my 6280.
    The video is either out of sync with the audio, or it lags.

I use Hyundai 1GB miniSD. At first, I think maybe the problem is from my miniSD (Maybe the read/write rate is not high enough). However, later, I saved the file into 6280's internal memory. The problem still exist. I think that's the problem of firmware or the media player of 6280?

Anyone encounter the same issue?
    Exactly the same issues on the 6270. MPEG4 is much worse than the H.263 encoding. Only encoding with the Nokia Multimedia Converter 2.0 gets close to working but I think this is a major flaw. It doesn't seem to matter about bitrate etc. as I encoded an MPEG4 with a 16k video (static image that changes every 2 seconds) and 16k audio test and it still couldn't maintain sync for more than 20 seconds.

I've requested Nokia's advice on video encoding settings but silence.

I think there may be a case for returning the product as the MPEG4 playback just doesn't work... why do you think there are no MPEG4 samples on the supplied memory card? I bought these phones to allow our designers to demonstrate their work to our clients but it just doesn't work.