Discussion Board

Question about import liblaries in Carbide 1.0

Dear friends!

I installed Carbide 1.0 and ran HelloWorld example successful. However, when I want to add more library such as "fbscli.lib" to deal with Bitmap, I can NOT find an option "C/C++ Projects Path" in Properties of my project. Therefore, when I compile my project, it shows an error:

Undefined symbol: 'CFbsBitmap::CFbsBitmap(void) (??0CFbsBitmap@@QAE@XZ)'...

My project properties only have: Info, Builders, C/C++ Build, C/C++ Document, C/C++ File Types, C/C++ Indexes, and Project References. There are not C/C++ Make Project and C/C++ Projects Paths like the Carbide's help document.

What happens? How can I add more libraries?

Thanks in advance!

Super Contributor

Re: Question about import liblaries in Carbide 1.0

As indicated by the Help (Symbian OS projects -> References -> Build Configurations and Symbian OS projects -> References -> C/C++ Build Options -> Tools settings) you need to select the C/C++ Build tab to see the setting. Just click on the "C/C++ Build" choice in the Properties and the view will open.

@mitts: First, thank you for your early answer.
    At least, now I can add libraries into my projects via (C/C++ Build Options -> WINSCW C/C++ Linker --> Libraries). However, with this method, I must add the libraries for each Configuration (Debug or Thumb Release).

To conclude, my question is that there is a difference between properties of Managed Make Projects (C/C++ Development User Guide -> C/C++ Project Properties -> Managed Make Projects -> Info) and properties of Standard Make projects (C/C++ Development User Guide -> C/C++ Project Properties -> Standard Make Projects -> Info). Specifically, the managed properties have 2 options (C/C++ Make Project and C/C++ Projects Paths) less than the standard's. What is the problem? How can I distinguish managed projects from standard projects.

Thank you very much for seeing!

Nokia Developer Expert

Future editions will be able to propogate settings changed across similar build configuration. For now you need to change them manually for each one.

Symbian always uses Managed Make, meaning that Symbian projects get their makefiles generated for them. Standard make projects exist when you import an existing makefile.

Tim

Thank you very much for replying!

Hi!

Carbide is a nice tool but this seems a little laborious. What about just enabling an option so that one can right a directory from the C/++ Project browser and set it as an include directory. It would also be nice to be able to set source directories like this.

I'm making complicated project definitions using linked folders because I'm building for multiple targets from a common code base and it would be so much easier if defining source and include directories was that much easier.

I've got no idea how other people are solving the multiple target issue, but that's for a new post topic.

Matt