Discussion Board

Error in enabling profile for SIP example supplied with Series60 3rd Ed. SDK

Hi!

I can't run the SIP example supplied with Series 60 3rd Edition SDK as I am not able to enable the Profile.
    I am running the server emulator in the same computer where I am trying to run the example program and followed the following steps as described in SDK help.

1. Configure the server emulator:
    IP address of my computer is 192.168.0.40 and I have entered it as domain in the Server emulator

and then start the server.

2. Configure the emulator:

I have created the following profile and set it as default profile in the emulator.

Profile name: Provider

Service profile: IETF

Default access point: Winsock

Public user name: player1@192.168.0.40

Use compression: No

Registration mode: When needed

Use Security: No

Proxy server:

Proxy address:192.168.0.40

Realm:192.168.0.40

Username: None

Password: None

Allow Loose routing: Yes

Transport protocol: TCP

Port: 5060

Registrar server:

Registrar address:192.168.0.40

Realm:192.168.0.40

Username: None

Password: None

Transport protocol: TCP

Port: 5060

3. Then I build the example application using Visual Studion .Net 2003 and run it from inside the Visual studio.

When I try to Enable the profile from the SIP example application menu it gives error:

"Error in enabling profile"

Best regards,
    Ari

Re: Error in enabling profile for SIP example supplied with Series60 3rd Ed. SDK

it seems u are not running another instance of emulator.
    In order for the second player to receive an invitation u need to run another instance of epoc
    For further information read the user manual that came with the SIP plugin installation
    If that is not the case then there is a problem in the connection.
    I also faced the same problem and the SIP server worked only on the PC thtat had a static IP with no username or password requirement (I was using the LAN conn.)
    Last edited by amlendu; 2006-04-17 at 20:04.

Re: Error in enabling profile for SIP example supplied with Series60 3rd Ed. SDK

Dear Amlendu,

Thanks for your reply. I will try to follow as you have said. i.e. running SIP server emulator in a computer which has static IP.

I have one question regarding running two instances of the emulator. When I run one instance of the emulator and try to connect to the SIP server of NIST(JAIN-SIP, which i am running in another computer in the LAN), it can successfully register with that server.

Now I am also trying to configure SIP plugin 4.0 for symbian 2nd edition, FP2 SDK. But here also facing the same problem.

Have you ever tried this?

Quote Originally Posted by arindamrk
    Dear Amlendu,

Thanks for your reply. I will try to follow as you have said. i.e. running SIP server emulator in a computer which has static IP.

I have one question regarding running two instances of the emulator. When I run one instance of the emulator and try to connect to the SIP server of NIST(JAIN-SIP, which i am running in another computer in the LAN), it can successfully register with that server.

Now I am also trying to configure SIP plugin 4.0 for symbian 2nd edition, FP2 SDK. But here also facing the same problem.

Have you ever tried this?

I am also currently working on the SIP using 2nd ed. fp2 series60 sdk.
    The only time the sip server starts showing activity in the log window is when the player A gets registered and this has been only possible when i used a static IP as i said earlier.
    Also in order to actually use the SIP server you'll need to run both the emulators.
    If there is any other problem let me know

regards
    Amlendu

Regular Contributor

Hi

On S60 3rd Edition as the emulator is using Winsock, so please change the socket used by the SIP server emulator used to something other than 5060 and set the same also in the profile settings. This is because the emulator is using 5060 for SIP which cannot be changed currently.

Regards,
    Nitin