Discussion Board

N90 - closed mode digital clock display distraction

Thought it'd be interesting to see some opinions on this..

I have my N90 sitting in a mobile phone holder in my car while driving. The phone stays in my field of view a little below eye level. I've become to notice that the closed mode display seems to have some significant activity with the digital clock displayed that constantly grabs my attention to the phone for a split second during driving. For some reason it was decided that the digital clock should change its position (jump around) on the display every few minutes.. why is that? Even the minute number changes are noticeable like this on this phone/display and it's distracting and annoying. I changed the setting to analog clock because of this but now it seems the phone switches the outer display back to the digital clock after a while. Any ideas/suggestions for this? I'm watching the digital clock jump around on my table as I write this..

Re: N90 - closed mode digital clock display distraction

I may be wrong I dont have an N90 to hand right now but isant the clock selected as a screensaver? which you can deactivate in the menu?

Regular Contributor

Smile Re: N90 - closed mode digital clock display distraction

It is possible to change the power saver settings of your cover display to date and time. If your cover display does that, it means that your screensaver is set to floating clock.

Regular Contributor

Smile Re: N90 - closed mode digital clock display distraction

If you are referring to the black bar with date and time that appears on the front cover and jumps around after the screensaver finishes displaying (I set my screensaver to display for 15mins so I do not see this often), I may be wrong but there seems to be no way to disable that.

Re: N90 - closed mode digital clock display distraction

the clock "jumps" in order to not burn the screen pixels... if you have a still image in your screen for some time without refreshing it, the screen will have those pixels a little burnt, and even if that burned image isn't there, you'll always see a "ghost" image...