Discussion Board

Card Phone 2.0 and WinFax Pro 10.02

Hi there,
    My OS is W2K Pro. My modem is Nokia Card Phone 2.0. I have just purchased WinFax Pro 10.02 (BECAUSE NOKIA WEB SITE SAYS IT IS COMPATIBLE WITH MY PHONE CARD!). I can't get my WinFax Pro to receive faxes. I can send faxes out, but unable to receive them. I tried all fixes from Symantec Forum, Symantec Knowledge Base (incl. changing registry keys)and even the WinFax Pro 9 setup guidelines from Nokia website - no way. Symantec Product Support refuses to help and insist that unlike Nokia they have always said the two products are not compatible.
    Symptoms:
    1. If in "Automatic Receive" mode, WinFax won't react to the incoming calls.
    2. If "Manual Receive Now" is chosen, Line Status window would pop in showing "Nokia Card Phone 2.0 - Answering..." and then would close without any error message. At the same moment the connection is cut.
    Please help! Looks like I spent 100 bucks buying WFP 10.02 just for nothing.

RE: Card Phone 2.0 and WinFax Pro 10.02

Some operators provide separate GSM numbers for voice, fax and data. You should make sure that you are calling the fax number of your SIM card. The problem you describe could occur if you are calling the voice number.

Good luck,

Pekka