Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

RE: Security issues regarding .sis file

answering this question:
    Request for Clarification posted by umerfarooq02 on 10/28/02 11:26PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    pls someone can tell me ... if u forget your pin code for nokia 7650 //how can u reset the password and get new one .. i wil appreciate it if someone finds out or fwd mean w/that info ..
    thanks
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you forget your pin code, you need to contact your operator.

Eero
    Forum Nokia

Security issues regarding .sis file

Could someone please tell me what security measures i can take to stop getting games copied for nokia 7650 phone. It is possible to send .sis file to another phone via sms, ir and bluetooth. Is it possible to prevent the game being forwarded to other user.
    Would it be possible to have some forward locking system tht doesn't allow the user to forward the game on to other people. Also what security procedures could i take to stop a game being copied to another cd.
    Thank you very much in advance for your kind support and help.

Regular Contributor

On Nokia 7650, you are not able to send further ir/bt received sis packets. This is a built in security feature.

There is a possibility to read phone IMEI code to personalize an application for one phone only.

Developer Support
    Forum Nokia

Nokia Developer Expert

There is so called "build in" security system for this, but it is way too easy to pass. Currently there is no way this could be solved in easy manner and I'm currently proposing to my sponsor that if I could have month or two to look into this matter. If I get funding for this project and find any nice solutions for it I'll try to get it published as well and so for it would be public information. Most propably the result will be some sort of client-server secure content delivery system.

In case anybody would have any current systems or ideas for this kind of system, I would be happy to get any documentations to help me on my research on this topic.

Jukka Silvennoinen : jusilven@hotmail.com