Discussion Board

could not find thread.mbg and thread.rsg

Hi all,

The two errors were reported by complier as bellow when I built S60_Platform_Multiple_Threads_Example_v1_1,

Error : Symbian Resource - thread.mbg: No such file or directory
    Thread.rss line 16

Project: Thread_s60_3rd_ed.mcp, Target: WINSCW UDEB, Source File: ThreadWINSCW.resources

Error : Compile failed
    Project: Thread_s60_3rd_ed.mcp, Target: WINSCW UDEB, Source File: ThreadWINSCW.resources

Warning : tool exit status == 1
    Project: Thread_s60_3rd_ed.mcp, Target: WINSCW UDEB, Source File: ThreadAppView.cpp

Error : the file 'thread.rsg' cannot be opened
    ThreadAppView.cpp line 16
    Project: Thread_s60_3rd_ed.mcp, Target: WINSCW UDEB, Source File: ThreadAppView.cpp

Error : undefined identifier 'R_ANIMATION_THREAD_ONE_DATA'
    ThreadAppView.cpp line 85

Error : undefined identifier 'R_ANIMATION_THREAD_TWO_DATA'
    ThreadAppView.cpp line 92

Error : undefined identifier 'R_ANIMATION_THREAD_THREE_DATA'
    ThreadAppView.cpp line 97

Project: Thread_s60_3rd_ed.mcp, Target: WINSCW UDEB, Source File: RichTextEditorRTE.cpp

RichTextEditorRTE.cpp line 14
    Project: Thread_s60_3rd_ed.mcp, Target: WINSCW UDEB, Source File: RichTextEditorRTE.cpp

Error : undefined identifier 'R_RICHTEXTEDITOR_RICH_TEXT_EDITOR'
    RichTextEditorRTE.cpp line 23

Project: Thread_s60_3rd_ed.mcp, Target: WINSCW UDEB, Source File: ThreadEngine.cpp

ThreadEngine.cpp line 15
    Project: Thread_s60_3rd_ed.mcp, Target: WINSCW UDEB, Source File: ThreadEngine.cpp

Error : undefined identifier 'R_THREAD1_WAS_KILLED'
    ThreadEngine.cpp line 109

Error : undefined identifier 'R_THREAD1_CREATE_FAILURE'
    ThreadEngine.cpp line 123

Error : undefined identifier 'R_THREAD2_WAS_KILLED'
    ThreadEngine.cpp line 139

Error : undefined identifier 'R_THREAD2_CREATE_FAILURE'
    ThreadEngine.cpp line 150

Error : undefined identifier 'R_THREAD3_WAS_KILLED'
    ThreadEngine.cpp line 165

Error : undefined identifier 'R_THREAD1_CREATE_FAILURE'
    ThreadEngine.cpp line 176

Error : undefined identifier 'R_KILLED_THREAD1'
    ThreadEngine.cpp line 251

Error : undefined identifier 'R_KILLED_THREAD2'
    ThreadEngine.cpp line 263

Error : undefined identifier 'R_KILLED_THREAD3'
    ThreadEngine.cpp line 276

I'm using Nokia S60 3rd SDK. I searched the SDK directory(C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd), but the two files above could not be found. Anyone has ever met same problem? And have a solution for this?

Thanks
    Deercrane

Re: could not find thread.mbg and thread.rsg

Hi all,

I read the releasenotes of this example and found there was a line in it as bellow,

Note! Visual Studio .NET IDE does not compile the .mbm file. Use the abld
    build from the command line.

The VS2003 compiler reported this problem due to Carbide.vs was not able to compile .mbm files. Everything is ok I using the command line to compile this example instead.

Hope Carbide.vs to be improved for this feature soon.

Thanks
    Deercrane

Super Contributor

Actually Carbide.vs should do what you want (with restrictions), did you add the .miflist to the project as described in the Help, sections "Importing an Existing Symbian OS Project" and "How To Work with SVG Icons in a Project"?

Hi mitts,

I really appreciate your reminder. I have read the online help carefully and created miflist following its instructions, and built this example successfully. (It is too annoyed that MifConv tool need a mask soft bimap for every bitmap, so I have to copy a mask bitmap for every of them. Any sugguestion about avoiding this process?)

I think there are a lot of documents I have to study as I have just touched Symbian for one week.

I hope I will get a big promotion on Symbian in near future, however, I will need more your help! Thank you again.

Best Regards
    Deercrane