Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

How to add the USSD API in the Carbide C++ express

hi all,
    i am trying to implement the USSD in the Symbian C++ i got the Sdk Api now how can i add it to the carbide C++ or to the symbian Sdki mean whether to add it in the sdk or the carbide c++

regards
    Arun Gupta

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: How to add the USSD API in the Carbide C++ express

Quote Originally Posted by arungupta_2jan View Post
    hi all,
    i am trying to implement the USSD in the Symbian C++ i got the Sdk Api now how can i add it to the carbide C++ or to the symbian Sdki mean whether to add it in the sdk or the carbide c++

regards
    Arun Gupta
    If you ever happen to unzip the API package, you would have found some familiar words. Like: epoc32, include, release, lib etc... You need to copy-paste those Plug-in API files in your SDK installation's epoc32, include etc... hierarchy.
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team

Nokia Developer Moderator

There in no Carbide.c++ Express release anymore. For best results make sure that you have the latest Carbide.c++ Pro v2.0.2.25 version of the IDE.

Header files and libraries (i.e. APIs) always belong to the SDK, they have nothing to do with the IDE.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    There in no Carbide.c++ Express release anymore. For best results make sure that you have the latest Carbide.c++ Pro v2.0.2.25 version of the IDE.

Header files and libraries (i.e. APIs) always belong to the SDK, they have nothing to do with the IDE.
    Hi ,
    i need to add the class CPhCltUssd.h which is not there in the SDK plz tell me how can i add it..
    regards
    Arun Gupta

Add it to the SDK then, by unzipping the plug-in content on top of the SDK so that the required header ends up in \epoc32 and the required libraries (if any) end up next to the other SDK libraries. What's the problem?
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by kiran10182 View Post
    If you ever happen to unzip the API package, you would have found some familiar words. Like: epoc32, include, release, lib etc... You need to copy-paste those Plug-in API files in your SDK installation's epoc32, include etc... hierarchy.
    i have already searched the wiki but i didnot find any where ,where to add the API in the s60 SDK

then only i posted it

regards
    Arun Gupta

First you have to understand what the SDK is and how it is organized. Have you noticed that all the header files in the SDK are in the \epoc32\include directory? Have you noticed that your API package contains an \epoc32\include directory?

Have you noticed that the libraries for device builds are under \epoc32\release\armv5\libs ? Have you then noticed that you have a similar directory in your API package?

Obviously the content of the API package must be unzipped in the same location as the rest of the SDK APIs but that's nothing but a drag and drop operation on top of SDK's \epoc32 directory.

Here's one easy way to solve the problem, but you don't necessarily need this particular tool to make it work:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ltomuta; 2009-04-08 at 08:42.
    -- Lucian

Regular Contributor

I am really grateful to you sir for the necessary suggestions from your side

Thanking you
    Arun Gupta