Discussion Board

Cool Flash Mobile Phone Demo

Hi everyone,

I represent an Web design company. We are currently working on building a Macromedia Flash App to simulate a function on many nokia devices. I mean, we have to guide the users on how to install and start use an application on their phones on an interactive way, using animations.

Well, we need a picture of each step the user performs on the screen. We have the alternative to take pictures of real devices, in action, but this could be to expensive because we need to build this tutorials to around 75 different models. So I am looking for some kind of emulator I can on my PC to execute the steps required to install de application and take some screen shots.

Could you tell me where I can find one?

You be helpfull too if you guys could tell me about some application like this one we are building.

Thank you,

Fabrício Sperandio

Super Contributor

Re: Flash Mobile Phone Demo

The Nokia device platform SDKs include a Windows based emulator. You can download the SDKs from http://forum.nokia.com/

Super Contributor

Re: Flash Mobile Phone Demo

Hi Fabrício! Welcome to Nokia Discussion Boards!!

Emulators of different phone models are not available. What you can do is to take the screen shots (Print screen) of the application with the help of an emulator and cut the screen area from the emulators screen shots, make the desired animation with softwares like Adobe ImageReady and place it in the screen area of the desiered device . You could get the whole range of Java enabled Nokia devices here in this link.http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/0,,150,00.html

Regards
    Gopal

Thumbs up Re: Flash Mobile Phone Demo

Thank you guys,

I have installed the Carbide.j 1.0, it has some emulators that help you to test your applications, but it goes straight to the applications screen. I was looking for an emulator that allows me to navigate through the other menus of a cell phone an really simulates the user.

I have to guide the user on how to install and configure and application, so I need to guide he throught the menus until the applications is finally running.

Do you think I can find an emulator that shows me the other menus?

Thank you,

Fabrício