Discussion Board

GPRS connection without popup window on 7650

Hello all

I'm creating networking UDP application. When I send UDP packet, popup window appears, promting selection of the access point by user.

I need silent non-interactive connection (with preconfigured values).
    What is the right way to do this? What about the simplest way?

Should I use RGenericAgent class? If this is the case, which settings should I use?

Can you please point the place in documentation where I should read about?
    --
    Best regards, Sergey Spiridonov

Regular Contributor
    did you figure out how to do this ??

I have code which stops the access point selection on the emulator - it doesn't work on the target.

I will happily provide it to anybody that e-mails me, all I ask in return is that somebody tell me why the Socket SDK example doesn't work on my 7650 !!!! I get a timeout error.

Am I really going to have to pay Nokia 300 Euro (?) to solve this problem.... this is my last appeal to this support forum before I give up on it and just pay for Developer Support and no longer contribute here.

andyesquire@hotmail.com

Andy.

Regular Contributor
    This should stop the connection dialog, on and off target:

-----
    TRAPD(
    err, CCommsDatabase* db = CCommsDatabase::NewL(EDatabaseTypeIAP);
    db->SetGlobalSettingL(TPtrC(ASK_USER_BEFORE_DIAL),(TInt)false);
    delete db;
    )
    -----

Just remember to set it back to asking the user once you're finished with it, so othe programs correctly popup the list.

To choose which connection to use, use CIntConnectionInitiator (or RGenericAgent if you're feeling masochistic).

As for sockets timing out on the device... all I can think of is to check that you're poingting at a server that will accept connection on the port you've chosen. Also remember that the server in question must be visible on the internet - no good trying to point at an internal server as the phone has to go through the GPRS network.

Regular Contributor
    thx! will give it a shot ... too bad the dialing popup is global and not per app

Regular Contributor
    It should be per connection - you've got the ability to override the setting per connection - but unfortuantely it doesn't work.

pop up supression

You can stop the pop up occuring by using the version of RGenericAGent::StartOutgoing that takes a CStoreableOverrideSettings class.