Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Unable to create sis file in Carbide.C++ Express, error with .o files

Hi ,

I am using Series 60 Third Edition Final SDK and Carbide.C++ Express . I am able to build for the emulator successfully using S60 (3.0) Phone Emulator Debug configuration.
    However I get errors when I try to create a sis file by selecting S60 (3.0) Phone GCCE Release under Project->Properties->C/C++ Build->Configuration.
    I get errors in .o files . e.g.) Suppose one of my sourcefiles was MyAppContainer.cpp then while building for the device the error says :
    [src/MyAppContainer.o] Error 2 . The same thig happens with all the other source files.
    And for the sis file the error is :
    [D:/CarbideWorkspace/MyApp/sis/MyApp.sis] Error 1 .

Please Help.

Thanks a lot

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Unable to create sis file in Carbide.C++ Express, error with .o files

It might help to view the log in the Console tab and post the command-line and error where the problem comes from. Sounds like you have a build problem in your .cpp file.

Tim

Regular Contributor

Hi timm-ah,

Thanks for the reply . Well, I dont think theres an error in any of my cpp files because I get the same errors even when I try to build for the device the example projects that are part of the SDK.
    Any other ideas ??

Thanks a lot

Nokia Developer Expert

Couple of things. 1) Try to follow the turorial example that builds the S60 3.x GUI project stationery/template. This generates a SIS file. If that's OK, then your Carbide/SDK installation is OK.
    2) Try your project again. If you still have problems very closely inspect the input for the PKG file with the output of the same file from the console. If you still can't figure it out, post your console output.

Tim

Regular Contributor

Hi timm-ah,

Thank you very much for replying . I did follow the tutorial in Carbide.C++ express and built a sample project called Hellocarbide . The project builds fine for the S60 (3.0) Emulator debug configuration but fails for the S60 (3.0) GCCE Release configuration. I have also tried to examine closely the pkg file generated but am still clueless as to why the release build fails.
    As per your suggestion I am posting the complete build log of Hellocarbide while trying to build for S60 (3.0) GCCE Release configuration.
    Since, the post was exceeding the maximum number of characters allowed, I have posted the log at the following url : http://phenix.rootshell.be/~raza/log.htm
    Also, I have given the complete contents of my pkg file.

Thanks again

Nokia Developer Expert

Did you install GCCE? Do you have "arm-none-symbianelf-g++.exe" on your cmd-line (PATH)? You can pull down the PDE Errorr Log view and see if carbide reported it as missing (Window > Show View > Other > PDE Runtime > Error Log. If not you can get it at: http://www.codesourcery.com/gnu_tool.../download.html.
    Release notes contain this info as well.

Tim

Regular Contributor

hi timm,
    thanks for your quick response.

well I have installed "arm-none-symbianelf-g++" and atleast "segmentation fault" error is removed but still not able to build for release. I am pasting some build log here.

///////////////////LOG STARTS HERE/////////////////
    **** Full rebuild of configuration S60 3.0 Phone (GCCE) Release for project MyApp ****

make -k clean all
    del /s/q .\src\AddBuddyManuallyContainer.o .\src\AddBuddyManuallyView.o .\src\MyApp.o .\src\MyAppAppContainer.o .\src\MyAppAppUi.o .\src\MyAppAppView.o .\src\MyAppApplication.o .\src\MyAppDocument.o .\src\HTTPEngine.o .\src\LocationEngine.o .\src\PhoneContactsContainer.o .\src\PhoneContactsEngine.o .\src\PhoneContactsView.o \Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\EPOC32\DATA\Z\resource\apps\MyApp.mif F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\sis\MyApp.sis F:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\EPOC32\DATA\Z\resource\apps\MyApp.rsc F:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\EPOC32\DATA\Z\private\10003a3f\apps\MyApp_reg.rsc F:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\release\GCCE\UREL\MyApp.exe
    Could Not Find F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\S60 3.0 Phone (GCCE) Release\src\AddBuddyManuallyContainer.o
    Deleted file - F:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\EPOC32\DATA\Z\resource\apps\MyApp.mif
    Could Not Find F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\sis\MyApp.sis
    Could Not Find F:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\EPOC32\DATA\Z\resource\apps\MyApp.rsc
    Could Not Find F:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\EPOC32\DATA\Z\private\10003a3f\apps\MyApp_reg.rsc
    Could Not Find F:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\release\GCCE\UREL\MyApp.exe
    ' '
    'Building file: ../gfx/MyApp.mifdef'
    'Invoking: MIF Compiler'
    perl -S epocmifdef.pl -p"F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\" -hF:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\EPOC32\include\MyApp.mbg -o"/Symbian/9.1/S60_3rd/EPOC32/DATA/Z/resource/apps/MyApp.mif" ../gfx/MyApp.mifdef
    Reading source list file: ../gfx/MyApp.mifdef.txt
    Checking: F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\gfx\qgn_menu_MyApp.svg
    Choosing...
    Loading mif icons...
    Loading file: F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\gfx\qgn_menu_MyApp.svg
    Writing mif: /Symbian/9.1/S60_3rd/EPOC32/DATA/Z/resource/apps/MyApp.mif
    Writing mbg...F:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\EPOC32\include\MyApp.mbg
    'Finished building: ../gfx/MyApp.mifdef'
    ' '
    'Building file: ../data/MyApp.rss'
    'Invoking: Resource Compiler'
    perl.exe -S epocrc.pl -u -DLANGUAGE_sc -I"F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\inc" -I"F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\data" -I"F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\inc" -I"F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\inc" -I"F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\inc" -I"F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\inc" -I"F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\inc" -I"F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\inc" -I"F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\inc" -I"F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\inc" -I- -I"F:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include" -I"F:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include\variant" -I"" -o"F:/Symbian/9.1/S60_3rd/EPOC32/DATA/Z/resource/apps/MyApp.rsc" -hF:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\EPOC32\include\MyApp.rsg ../data/MyApp.rss

..\data\MyApp.rss(159) : Warning: (047) the STRUCT that this resource is based on contains a STRUCT[] data member which has not been used in this resource, the missing element is: 'view_list'
    ..\data\MyApp.rss(178) : Warning: (047) the STRUCT that this resource is based on contains a STRUCT[] data member which has not been used in this resource, the missing element is: 'panes'
    ..\data\MyApp.rss(197) : Warning: (047) the STRUCT that this resource is based on contains a STRUCT[] data member which has not been used in this resource, the missing element is: 'panes'
    ..\data\MyApp.rss(229) : Warning: (047) the STRUCT that this resource is based on contains a STRUCT[] data member which has not been used in this resource, the missing element is: 'panes'
    F:\\Symbian\\9.1\\S60_3rd\\epoc32\\include\\avkon.rh(220) : Warning: (045) the following label is used but has not been declared: R_AVKON_LIST_HEADING_PANE
    F:\\Symbian\\9.1\\S60_3rd\\epoc32\\include\\avkon.rh(683) : Warning: (045) the following label is used but has not been declared: R_AVKON_SOFTKEYS_OK_CANCEL
    F:\\Symbian\\9.1\\S60_3rd\\epoc32\\include\\avkon.rh(693) : Warning: (045) the following label is used but has not been declared: R_AVKON_SOFTKEYS_OK_CANCEL
    F:\\Symbian\\9.1\\S60_3rd\\epoc32\\include\\avkon.rh(823) : Warning: (045) the following label is used but has not been declared: R_AKN_SELECTION_LIST_DIALOG
    'Finished building: ../data/MyApp.rss'
    ' '
    'Building file: ../data/MyApp_reg.rss'
    'Invoking: Resource Compiler'
    perl.exe -S epocrc.pl -u -DLANGUAGE_sc -I"F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\inc" -I"F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\data" -I"F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\inc" -I"F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\inc" -I"F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\inc" -I"F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\inc" -I"F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\inc" -I"F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\inc" -I"F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\inc" -I"F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\inc" -I- -I"F:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include" -I"F:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include\variant" -I"" -o"F:/Symbian/9.1/S60_3rd/EPOC32/DATA/Z/private/10003a3f/apps/MyApp_reg.rsc" -hF:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\EPOC32\include\MyApp_reg.rsg ../data/MyApp_reg.rss

..\data\MyApp_reg.rss(24) : Warning: (047) the STRUCT that this resource is based on contains a STRUCT[] data member which has not been used in this resource, the missing element is: 'datatype_list'
    ..\data\MyApp_reg.rss(24) : Warning: (047) the STRUCT that this resource is based on contains a STRUCT[] data member which has not been used in this resource, the missing element is: 'file_ownership_list'
    ..\data\MyApp_reg.rss(24) : Warning: (047) the STRUCT that this resource is based on contains a STRUCT[] data member which has not been used in this resource, the missing element is: 'service_list'
    'Finished building: ../data/MyApp_reg.rss'
    ' '
    'Building file: ../src/AddBuddyManuallyContainer.cpp'
    'Invoking: GCCE Compiler'
    arm-none-symbianelf-g++.exe -c -pipe -mapcs -nostdinc -x c++ -march=armv5t -fexceptions -mfloat-abi=soft -D_DEBUG -D_UNICODE -D__GCCE__ -D__SYMBIAN32__ -D__EPOC32__ -D__MARM__ -D__EABI__ -D__MARM_ARMV5__ -D__EXE__ -D__SUPPORT_CPP_EXCEPTIONS__ -D__SERIES60_30__ -D__SERIES60_3X__ -D__PRODUCT_INCLUDE__="F:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include\variant\Symbian_OS_v9.1.hrh" -include "F:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\\EPOC32\INCLUDE\GCCE\GCCE.h" -B"F:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\lib\gcc\arm-none-symbianelf\3.4.3\include" -B"F:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\lib\gcc\arm-none-symbianelf\3.4.3\include" -Wall -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -Wno-unknown-pragmas -I "F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\inc" -I "F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\data" -I "F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\inc" -I "F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\inc" -I "F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\inc" -I "F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\inc" -I "F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\inc" -I "F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\inc" -I "F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\inc" -I "F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\inc" -I "F:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include" -I "F:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include\variant" -I "" -o src/AddBuddyManuallyContainer.o ../src/AddBuddyManuallyContainer.cpp
    cc1plus.exe: F:\Program Files\CodeSourcery\Sourcery G++\bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-symbianelf/3.4.4/: Permission denied
    make: *** [src/AddBuddyManuallyContainer.o] Error 1
    'Building file: ../src/AddBuddyManuallyView.cpp'
    'Invoking: GCCE Compiler'
    arm-none-symbianelf-g++.exe -c -pipe -mapcs -nostdinc -x c++ -march=armv5t -fexceptions -mfloat-abi=soft -D_DEBUG -D_UNICODE -D__GCCE__ -D__SYMBIAN32__ -D__EPOC32__ -D__MARM__ -D__EABI__ -D__MARM_ARMV5__ -D__EXE__ -D__SUPPORT_CPP_EXCEPTIONS__ -D__SERIES60_30__ -D__SERIES60_3X__ -D__PRODUCT_INCLUDE__="F:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include\variant\Symbian_OS_v9.1.hrh" -include "F:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\\EPOC32\INCLUDE\GCCE\GCCE.h" -B"F:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\lib\gcc\arm-none-symbianelf\3.4.3\include" -B"F:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\lib\gcc\arm-none-symbianelf\3.4.3\include" -Wall -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -Wno-unknown-pragmas -I "F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\inc" -I "F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\data" -I "F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\inc" -I "F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\inc" -I "F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\inc" -I "F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\inc" -I "F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\inc" -I "F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\inc" -I "F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\inc" -I "F:\leo\Symbian\workspace\MyApp\inc" -I "F:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include" -I "F:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\include\variant" -I "" -o src/AddBuddyManuallyView.o ../src/AddBuddyManuallyView.cpp
    cc1plus.exe: F:\Program Files\CodeSourcery\Sourcery G++\bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-symbianelf/3.4.4/: Permission denied

make: *** [src/PhoneContactsView.o] Error 1
    'Building file: sis/MyApp.pkg'
    'Invoking: CreateSis (Installation File Generator)'
    createsis create -pass DefaultPassword "sis/MyApp.pkg" F:/leo/Symbian/workspace/MyApp/sis/MyApp.sis
    Processing sis/MyApp.pkg...
    sis/MyApp.pkg(21) : error: file I/O fault.
    ERROR! Failed at makesis "sis/MyApp.pkg"
    make: *** [F:/leo/Symbian/workspace/MyApp/sis/MyApp.sis] Error 1
    make: Target `all' not remade because of errors.
    Build complete for project MyApp

///////////////////LOG ENDS HERE////////////////////

please advice.

thanks a lot
    razas

Regular Contributor

Smile Issue Resolved !!! :)

Hi timm,

Thank you very much ... the issue is now resolved . There were some path setting changes which i had to make myself after installing the arm-gnu package. It works now and I am able to build a release version of the project too.
    Many many thanks to you buddy for ur invaluable help