Discussion Board

Obex object push send file. 7650!

First of all I'd like to express my frustration as a beginner in epoc programming. Comming from Visual C++ windows programming with confidence in the easy step over to epoc, given it's all c++, I soon felt blown back to the 80's !!
    I mean, who in their right mind uses Dos anymore? Perl is nice and funny, but professional ?!? I don't think so! And these java apps never works !! Geez, we're using vc6 under windows - what's all this hassle about !?!?

Thanks for letting me get that off my mind, now to the actual problem:

I am trying to implement an app that sends a file over bluetooth. There are a couple of nice sample applications in this SDK, and the nearest one is BTObjectExchange. Sadly it only uses the name header of the obex packet with the base class CObexBaseObject. But there is a subclass also defined in obex.h that takes care of files as the packet data-body. It's not implemented though, and here's the trouble - it's not documented either!
    I though it was usual to atleast have an index tab in the SDK helpfile, listing all classes and methods ?! Well not here!! ...atleast the search function can't find it, so...

Am I supposed to figure it out for myself, or is there some other anti-intuitive sollution to finding API/SDK documentation?

Any help apprechiated!

Paul

Nokia Developer Moderator

RE: Obex object push send file. 7650!

Easier way could be to use SendUi.h which adds a 'Send via Infrared/Bluetooth/etc...' menu into your application and encapsulates all Bluetooth specialities.

-Seppo
    Forum Nokia

Nokia Developer Moderator

RE: Obex object push send file. 7650!

We have four basic samples to show how Bluetooth can be used. That also covers OBEX. However, the samples cannot cover all possible sub classes, as the samples should remain simple. Currently there is no detailed documentation available on CObexBaseObject, besides the brief presentation on it in obex.h file.

-Seppo
    Forum Nokia