Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

[announce] uikludges - enable right sofkey label modification

This extensions enables you to change the label on the right softkey. Currently it is always 'Exit', even if you can change the action is it binded. This enables you to change it to for example 'Back'.

Download link from here: http://ssalmine.googlepages.com/somepys60extensions

Re: [announce] uikludges - enable right sofkey label modification

Quote Originally Posted by simo.salminen
    This extensions enables you to change the label on the right softkey. Currently it is always 'Exit', even if you can change the action is it binded. This enables you to change it to for example 'Back'.

Download link from here: http://ssalmine.googlepages.com/somepys60extensions
    Great job

Now I can use it for navigation in my little editor ! (No more ugly 'exit' right soft key when I change its bind behavior

Thank you again :-)

What does you mean by 'navipane' ? I hope other functions could work one day ...
    pys60 1.4.5 and 2.0.0, pygame, PyS60 CE on E90 and 5800 !

Find my pys60 extension modules on cyke64.googlepages.com

Thumbs up Re: [announce] uikludges - enable right sofkey label modification

Another great lib.

Thanks!

By the way, (and sorry if this is off-topic), since you are our lib master... could you try no make a new camera viewfinder lib?

I tried it, but finally surrender. I haven't enough Symbian C++ level, nor time to afford it

I opened a "Feature request" too (http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index...5&atid=790649), but don't know if will be attended anyway.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by cyke64
    Great job
    What does you mean by 'navipane' ? I hope other functions could work one day ...
    Thanks =) Uhm, there is some dead code there that tried to enable navigation label (placed where tabs are are), but I didn't get it to work.

canopus961: sorry, can't promise anything. If you come to #pys60 on freenode I'm sure you would get help to get you started.

Thanks Simo for your little explanations

Could you put also a link at http://ssalmine.googlepages.com/somepys60extensions for akntextutils.pyd (wrapping text module akntextutils.wrap_text_to_array() ) like you do it for iapconnect please ?
    It's included only in Dashboard app ...

thanks for the nice hack, works well. i was wondering if there is a way to have the labels renamed on the dialogs as well? i have app.body as text and using uikludges i can rename the softkey label ok. however, when i open a dialog like e.g. appuifw.query(question1, "query"), then the right soft key label is set to default "cancel" again.

thx,
    -beli

Quote Originally Posted by belimawr
    thanks for the nice hack, works well. i was wondering if there is a way to have the labels renamed on the dialogs as well? i have app.body as text and using uikludges i can rename the softkey label ok. however, when i open a dialog like e.g. appuifw.query(question1, "query"), then the right soft key label is set to default "cancel" again.

thx,
    -beli
    This module allow you to change the display of the Exit key only ! It's not linked to the Right Soft key.
    I'm going to explain this. When the phone display 'Exit' (in your language locale) on any soft key (right or left even if exit display always on right soft key) then you can display another string instead ('Quit' ie )
    uikludges is very limited it only change all 'Exit' display to whatever string you want !

I have upgraded this module by this one uitricks.
    Download it with key_tricks.py
    Now you can all or almost change all soft key (bugs for Ok,Cancel and Select ) to whatever you want !

Code:
    import uitricks
    from key_tricks import *

# change Yes soft key to Italian :)
    uitricks.set_text(u'Si',EAknSoftkeyYes)

#reset Yes soft key
    uitricks.set_text(u'Yes',EAknSoftkeyYes)
    For more examples and installation of these files look at http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...light=uitricks