×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1

    Some 6280 Firmware suggestions

    hello
    i have a new 6280 which i had to get changed to another one after only 1! week because the dust problem (dust under the screen that realy gets annoying)


    anyway

    i have some suggestions for fixes and improvments for the next firmware if possible so i hope the right people will see this thread

    1. the front camera which is used ONLY for video calls, why cant it be used for still pics for self pictures or to be used as a mirror option...

    2. the FLASH in the rear camera is a realy great addition but can it be turned on during video recording too so it can be used in darkness...

    3. the FLASH is sometimes too bright so an adjustable FLASH brightness can be very helping...

    4. the screen is realy the best one i saw so far in a cell phone ,so i enjoy watching videos and if its a long one (say 40 minuts) and i get a call during it the video stops and starts from the beggining which is very upsetting... so a resume option is a good idea and a FF/REWIND option can help a lot

    one more little thing about the video is the stop pause commands which shows over the video while in full screen, maybe it can be up for only a few seconds and dissappeare or be represented in a one letter so it wont be over the video.



    Thanks alot
    hoping to see the next firmware soon
    the constant phone crashes realy gets me too


  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3

    Thumbs up Re: Some 6280 Firmware suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver-X

    i have some suggestions for fixes and improvments for the next firmware if possible so i hope the right people will see this thread

    hahaha - i dont think the right people will read this here!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver-X
    1. the front camera which is used ONLY for video calls, why cant it be used for still pics for self pictures or to be used as a mirror option...

    2. the FLASH in the rear camera is a realy great addition but can it be turned on during video recording too so it can be used in darkness...

    3. the FLASH is sometimes too bright so an adjustable FLASH brightness can be very helping...

    4. the screen is realy the best one i saw so far in a cell phone ,so i enjoy watching videos and if its a long one (say 40 minuts) and i get a call during it the video stops and starts from the beggining which is very upsetting... so a resume option is a good idea and a FF/REWIND option can help a lot

    one more little thing about the video is the stop pause commands which shows over the video while in full screen, maybe it can be up for only a few seconds and dissappeare or be represented in a one letter so it wont be over the video.


    but nice suggestions!!!
    i would like to have the too in the next SW release...

  3. #3
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Bangalore , India
    Posts
    4,429

    Thumbs up Re: Some 6280 Firmware suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by zvada
    hahaha - i dont think the right people will read this here!!!
    Dont worry! Here we do have several Nokia guys roaming almost through all threads, IMHO all these threads will get noticed..

    Regards
    Gopal

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    4

    Exclamation Re: Some 6280 Firmware suggestions

    firmware v03.41 14-01-06

    the camera flash led could be set on in camera settings or hold a button for it to come on to use as torch or night time video.

    the option to adjust backlight duration after last key pressed.

    my phone crashes when entering the application list when adding shortcuts if i have a memory card inserted, also crashes when entering e-mail feature in messaging options.

    just adding the function of the flash to stay on will make this phone 10 times better, please read this and do this for the next firmware. we need to see at night...


    oh and most important a call timer that counts on screen while in a call, not just the summary after the end. by then its too late.
    Last edited by loco_g; 2006-06-02 at 02:06. Reason: additional info

Similar Threads

  1. Nokia 2115i Firmware
    By bmuser in forum General Development Questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2007-10-09, 08:35
  2. Nokia 6280 suggestion for future firmware
    By wil33z in forum General Development Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2006-06-02, 02:10
  3. Nokia firmware MJPEG support
    By mosoft in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2005-12-06, 06:03
  4. Nokia firmware
    By pee yan in forum Mobile Java Media (Graphics & Sounds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2005-10-11, 11:22
  5. 9500 worst Communicator ever. Suggestions to improve it.
    By creacom000 in forum General Development Questions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2005-07-21, 11:16

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×