Discussion Board

Some 6280 Firmware suggestions

hello
    i have a new 6280 which i had to get changed to another one after only 1! week because the dust problem (dust under the screen that realy gets annoying)

anyway

i have some suggestions for fixes and improvments for the next firmware if possible so i hope the right people will see this thread

1. the front camera which is used ONLY for video calls, why cant it be used for still pics for self pictures or to be used as a mirror option...

2. the FLASH in the rear camera is a realy great addition but can it be turned on during video recording too so it can be used in darkness...

3. the FLASH is sometimes too bright so an adjustable FLASH brightness can be very helping...

4. the screen is realy the best one i saw so far in a cell phone ,so i enjoy watching videos and if its a long one (say 40 minuts) and i get a call during it the video stops and starts from the beggining which is very upsetting... so a resume option is a good idea and a FF/REWIND option can help a lot

one more little thing about the video is the stop pause commands which shows over the video while in full screen, maybe it can be up for only a few seconds and dissappeare or be represented in a one letter so it wont be over the video.

Thanks alot
    hoping to see the next firmware soon
    the constant phone crashes realy gets me too

Thumbs up Re: Some 6280 Firmware suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Silver-X

i have some suggestions for fixes and improvments for the next firmware if possible so i hope the right people will see this thread

hahaha - i dont think the right people will read this here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver-X
    1. the front camera which is used ONLY for video calls, why cant it be used for still pics for self pictures or to be used as a mirror option...

2. the FLASH in the rear camera is a realy great addition but can it be turned on during video recording too so it can be used in darkness...

3. the FLASH is sometimes too bright so an adjustable FLASH brightness can be very helping...

4. the screen is realy the best one i saw so far in a cell phone ,so i enjoy watching videos and if its a long one (say 40 minuts) and i get a call during it the video stops and starts from the beggining which is very upsetting... so a resume option is a good idea and a FF/REWIND option can help a lot

one more little thing about the video is the stop pause commands which shows over the video while in full screen, maybe it can be up for only a few seconds and dissappeare or be represented in a one letter so it wont be over the video.

but nice suggestions!!!
    i would like to have the too in the next SW release...

Super Contributor

Thumbs up Re: Some 6280 Firmware suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by zvada
    hahaha - i dont think the right people will read this here!!!
    Dont worry! Here we do have several Nokia guys roaming almost through all threads, IMHO all these threads will get noticed..

Regards
    Gopal

Exclamation Re: Some 6280 Firmware suggestions

firmware v03.41 14-01-06

the camera flash led could be set on in camera settings or hold a button for it to come on to use as torch or night time video.

the option to adjust backlight duration after last key pressed.

my phone crashes when entering the application list when adding shortcuts if i have a memory card inserted, also crashes when entering e-mail feature in messaging options.

just adding the function of the flash to stay on will make this phone 10 times better, please read this and do this for the next firmware. we need to see at night...

oh and most important a call timer that counts on screen while in a call, not just the summary after the end. by then its too late.
    Last edited by loco_g; 2006-06-02 at 02:06. Reason: additional info