Discussion Board

Using WML in MMS with 7650 and 3650 for user interaction?

In page 18, How to create MMS services V3.2 (http://www.forum.nokia.com/files/nds_disclaimer/1,1183,2411,00.html) describes that 7650 and 3650 will support WML content (application/vnd.wap.wmlc) within MMS and will be presented using a separate "Objects" view. I tried on the Series 60 MMS emulators. But when an MMS including a WML document is received, the WML is not displayed by the Series 60 emulator (C:\Nokia_Developers_Suite\Emulators\Nokia_Series_60_MMS_SDK_Beta_0_2\bin\Epoc32\Release\wins\UREL\EPOC.EXE).

Is this a limitation of the Series 60 emulator? Will it work on the real phones of 7650 and 3650?

What I try to accomplish is to allow 7650/3650 subscribers viewing pictures, texts, audio clips along with a few URLs, so that a subscriber can click on a URL to initiate further interaction with an application server, which could trigger sending another MMS to subscriber. Does anyone know if this would work? Any other suggestions to accomplish this are appreciated.

Best regards,

Chunlin Li

Nokia Developer Expert

RE: Using WML in MMS with 7650 and 3650 for user interaction?

Hello!

I don't know if this has been fixed at version 0.9 but I would give a try. 7650 will be able to show WML and WMLC in a MMS message. I have not yet tested 3650.

Teemu / Forum Nokia