Discussion Board

"File corrupted" trying to install a sisx on S60 3rd Edition emulator

Hi,

Is it just me, or is it impossible to install a sisx on the 3rd Edition emulator? Every sisx file displays "File corrupted" here (even if the package contains files compiled for winscw). The sisx file is signed.

Am I alone - is there a problem with my installation, or is it like this for everyone? Is there a workaround?

Thanks

Re: "File corrupted" trying to install a sisx on S60 3rd Edition emulator

No, you are not alone. Wchich tool have you used during self-signing sis file. With SignSIS i got the same result. After switch to CreateSIS (with create option), everything was OK.

Thanks for the reply. I was using SignSIS, but I've just tried using CreateSIS to create and sign a new SIS, and the same error occurs. :-(

The installation works perfectly on the actual device, but always shows "File corrupted" on the emulator, although it works on the Symbian UIQ 3 emulator (also Symbian OS 9) - although installation prematurely exits on UIQ because of the lack of the S60 hardware dependency, which was to be expected. Therefore I can't see that there is a problem with the actual SIS, but with the emulator itself.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Nokia Developer Moderator

Hi, can somebody tell me what is the deal with installing on emulator platform? Is not it about just copying some files to locations where they are actually already present after building the project?
    Ok, you might be toolmakers searching for some handy format for winscw distribution.

In my case, the installation routine consists of several conditional branches which I need to test, which affects the installation process. So no, it's not just a case of copying files after building the project.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jwjwjw2k
    In my case, the installation routine consists of several conditional branches which I need to test, which affects the installation process.
    You are right, thank you.

Super Contributor

jwjwjw2k, you cannot install winscw build output on the phone. Winscw has been compiler for a PC to run on the emulator. To make something for the phone you need to build for a phone target, in the case of S60 3.0 mostly gcce.

Both Carbide products provide you with "preconfigured" .pkg files as part of new projects created with the wizards and should package up gcce builds "automagically". If you are importing a project, create a parallel project from a wizard and use that as an example.