Discussion Board

Thread: Nokia 3200

Nokia 3200

Alrite iv had a nokia 3200 for like 2 years now and just before the commonwealth games holidays i dropped my phone in my friends pool. I dried it out and started it up a few times with the keypad working but it only worked for a few secs before it reset itself, but now it has stopped completely it only start up to the code screen. So i took it to nokia who looked at it and said they would be able to fix it, only if they updated the firmware but i would lose all my numbers, which is what iam after. I have about 300 numbers in my phone and the direction keypad, green and red headset buttons are the only buttons that are making a noise as recieving a command but the numbers wont work any more. so i cant logg in to copy my numbers to my sim card.

I thought about a connectable keyboard to try and enter the loggin code cause the headset is still receiving noise from the jack in point. I also thought about using a usb connection with pc suit and try and recovery my numbers. Im not sure if i have to have the phone unlocked to acess the data but other wise is ther any known way to manually jack into the memory and recover the numbers into a sort of text file or anything so i could just record them to reentre into my new phone.

Sorry about so many questions would be great if i could get some help and answers.

Re: Nokia 3200

For your sake I hope you question concerns a PIN code request, and not the security code.

The PIN code request in connected to the SIM card, not the phone. Could you possibly move the SIM card to another phone and turn off the PIN code request?

If you are able to do disable the PIN code request , and you will be able access phone data via PC Suite.

Re: Nokia 3200

thanks for that, yes i mean the pin code and i have that, awesome job and thanks for the help your a life saver.