Discussion Board

Technologies behind ringtones

Greetings All,

I am a student studying at the University of North London and am working on a project that investigates the requirements and process of sending ringtones to a mobile phone via a website or desktop application. I was wondering if you could answer any of the following:

Do you know of any software or tools for sending ringtones via a website or desktop app.?

Do you know of any websites with information on sending ringtones via a website?

Do you know or understand the process or requirements of sending ringtones via a website?

Is there much similarity between sending an SMS message and sending a ringtone via a website or desktop application?

Any information that you have on sending ringtones or SMS would be gratefully received and appreciated.

What I really want is to understand the requirements, processes technology and costs involved with the operation of such a system.

I probably need a technical overview of the systems and technologies that enable ringtones to be sent upon user request via a website.

All answers and queries can me mailed to me at the address below.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel North
    para_tones@yahoo.com

RE: Technologies behind ringtones

daniel,

I am working on this kind of project For BBC Technology, do you have anumber I can reach you on
    my e-mail address is brian.armstrong@bbc.co.uk