Discussion Board

RE: 7650 + HP OB XE3_1033 + BT-Card + WIN XP

Perhaps I can help you.
    I have connected 7650 with pc on Bluetooth running win XP.
    The secret is to use the "compatibility tool" offered by XP, selecting all the programs of nokia, (one by one) and forcing compatibility with win 2000.

you know, right button mouse-propierties-compatibility,...

By this way, now I can syncronyse my 7650 with outlook counts on desktop, using an USB BT (see http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/per/per/pro_per_detail.php?UID=326&MODEL=MS-6967)

Say me if this help has resolved your problem.

7650 + HP OB XE3_1033 + BT-Card + WIN XP

I hate the Nokia 7650 gadget, because it's a farce to offer such useless gadgets to costumers! 1 week ago I tried to connect to a 7650 with a PCMCIA XIRCOM BT-CARD (Vers. 1.05 & special XP driver from the Xircom Homepage Vers. 1.10 & Firmware update ..) on Win XP. Unsuccessfully! According to a Person from the Austrian Nokia Hotline, i should buy a Nokia BT-DTL4 but the card is NOT in the actuall product line of nokia.

I need urgently a BT-Connection from a 7650 to my Omnibook XE3 for a "promotion on a important IT-Fair in vienna". Please help.

I have read all threads in the discussionboard, but in their are no resolutions for me!

Did the PC Suite work with XP??? If yes, with IrDA or with BT??

A IT-Seller in a retail-shop said to me, that the 3COM BT-Card also didn't work!

What kind of possibilities are to get MMS-Pics on the computer???
    It's right, isn't it?
    a) to send a MMS-Message on your e-mail-address and afterwards just download it from your E-mail-Server
    b) send a MMS-Message through IrDA on the computer
    c) send a MMS-Message through BT on the computer
    d) to synchronize data through PC Suite with IRDA or BT ( it doesn't work on XP)
    e) to send a MMS-Message on a PCMCIA D211 Card ??
    f) to send a MMS-Message on a Bluetooth Access Point??

with best regards

gerhard

Nokia Developer Moderator

Please visit this page to see what are the software and hardware requirements of the PC Suite for Nokia 7650:
    http://nds1.nokia.com/phones/productsupport/7650/7650_PCsuite_en.pdf

So also other cards (with SPP support) can be used than DTL-4.

MMS:
    You can send an MMS to a phone number or to an email address. From email and MMS capable phone the recipient can 'detach' image and other objects.
    You cannot send a multimedia message via infrared or Bluetooth, but you can of course send the objects of the message separately.

-Seppo
    Forum Nokia

Regular Contributor

Obviously you hate Nokia gadgets I'll try to track down you error:
    - have setup the COM ports right of you BT adapter that the mRouter of the PC-Suite could access these?
    - for DUN/Fax you need to install a modem driver of the 7650 - this should work independent to the mRouter or PC-Suite
    - PC-Suite should work with IR and BT with a compatible PC running Windows 98, Windows ME, or Windows 2000 with Service Pack 2
    -PC-Suite will work as well with a Socketcom Adapter (www.socketcom.com) or others (Acer BT 500 etc)
    - it is really important to configure you BT COM port is a proper way, so that the mRouter of the PC-Suite could access these
    - MMS Pics you could send via MMS
    - Pics you could sent as well via IR or BT to any device which is supporting OBEX
    - Sync via PC-Suite (BT or IR)
    - MMS to PCMCIA D211 Card if you have a MMS capable application running on the PC (MMS is application dependent not device dependent)

Anything left?

I've suggested on my forum to a simular question (PC Suite and MS Windows XP) to uninstall the already installed PC Suite and reinstall the software in MS Windows 98/ME or Windows 2000 compatible modes...

Before setting the compatible OS you need to remove the software completly from your PC and reinstall PCSuite2_en.exe or other language.
    To set this compatible modus you click with the "right mousebutton" on the setup.exe file and select "Properties". In the 3rd tab, that calls "compatibly", you chose and select in "compatible modus" the OS you like to use.
    After the installation (MS WIndows XP install the drivers and application af it was the OS you've chosen) you have to restart your computer.
    After the restart, before running the PC Suite program, you have to set also the compatible modus of the EXE file to the same OS you've chosen by the installation of the software.

Normally PC Suite will working fine after setting the compatible modus.

Give it a try and provide us feedback about the results,

Best regards,

Mark Daniels
    Mobile-Support.ORG
    http://www.mobile-support.org

I totally agreed with you. I have contacted the nokia hotline. They just reply that the pc suite of 7650 does not work with XP. They cannot give a definite answer to consumer like us a good answer. Nokia seems to turn a deaf ear to our needs. I am truly disappointed after I have got this 7650. especially on the suite not working with XP.

My 7650 can't communicate with XP eg. Infrared cannot detect the phone which mean you cannot sync and back or transfer any stuffs.

I felt that Nokia is not putting priority in this matters. Perhaps we should make aware of it weakness to the public on such matters before more victims are caught in such matters as more and more computer system is loaded with window XP.

Rdgs,
    Steven