Discussion Board

Sending files to Phone using a command line

I am using my 6680 to listen to Podcasts.
    The aggregator I am using allows a command line to be run when new episodes are available, I would like to use this to copy the new MP3 file over to my phone automatically.
    However, I cannot find a way to refer to the media card on my phone through the Nokia Phone Browser.

What I would like to do is something like:
    Code:
    copy new_episode.mp3 Nokia_Phone_Browser/E:/Podcasts/New_Episode.mp3
    but I cannot find any way to construct a destination description that will work.

Yes, I can remove the media card from the phone, put it in a card reader, copy the files, and put the card back in the phone, but it is easier to copy the files directly to the phone manually!

Is it possible to do what I want to do?

Re: Sending files to Phone using a command line

I'm trying to do pretty much exactly what you're trying to do. I've been able to use the bluetooth "send to" helper in IBM's bluetooth support software (btsendto_explorer.exe) with some luck for other purposes, but haven't tried it with mp3's yet.

What podfetching software are you using?

I am using Juice as an aggregator.

I played with the Send To Bluetooth option in the Explorer Send To menu, it worked, but the file arrived in the messages folder. I couldn't choose which directory to put it in, or even get it onto the memory card (E.

Does the IBM send to do the same thing?

Why is this so difficult? It can obviously be done because the Nokia Phone Browser plugin in Windows Explorer does exactly this, it just needs to be documented.

I've got my phone (Nokia 6620) setup to receive messages directly into my memory card, and FileExplorer (http://gosymbian.com) will let you move out of the messsage inbox into a different directory. After a little fooling around with quoting on the commandline, I'm now able to get Juice v2.2 to transfer to my phone via bluetooth after downloading a feed. Note that this is with the WIDCOMM driver, not the IBM.

Bluetooth isn't the fastest way to get multi-megabyte podcasts moved around, though, so a USB solution would be nice. Also -- it looks like you can only have one transfer in progress at a time.

I agree that this is harder than it ought to be. A simple Mass Storage device would be wonderful.