Discussion Board

Nokia 3250 incoming call

Hi there. I have a 3250 with a strange problem. Sometimes when I answer an incoming call, instead of the call coming through the earpiece, the callers voice comes through the loudspeaker which is at full volume, if you look at the display you will see the call timer has froze. After the caller has ended the call the phone completely freezes and the only way to get it working again is to remove/re insert the battery and restart the phone. This can be an embarrasing problem! Is this a software bug? My phone is running V3.18, Is this the latest version, Are Nokia aware of this problem?

While I'm here, Does anyone know how to turn down the volume of Java games as they are way too loud?

Super Contributor

Re: Nokia 3250 incoming call

I have been using the Nokia 3250 with same SW version on loan from Forum Nokia for 2,5 weeks now and I haven´t yet experienced the problem you describe. Can you try to format the phone and see if that helps?

Your 2nd question I haven´t been able to find any setting for (yet) unfortunately.

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Will try a format if this happens again. It's very occasional, I've had this phone for a few weeks now and it's only done it twice. I'm not sure if this is a common problem with 3250's. How do you find this phone? Apart from the joystick and a few firmware bugs I don't think it's a bad phone.

***sorry about bumping an old thread***

i know it sounds strange, but i'm so happy to find out someone else is having the same problem as me.
    i purchased the phone 2 months ago, and i've had the same problem twice already. i haven't formatted it yet (is it a soft-reset?) and i would like some more info on that, if possible.

i've tried everywhere, and nothing so far.

also, i'm Brazilian, so i use a lot of accents and letters like "ç", and when i use a character like this on a message, the character count immediately "loses" about 60 characters. someone told me it's about my firmware, but i don't know much about phones, so i have no idea what to do.

(i guess that's what happens when you're born a girl).