Discussion Board

Check Operator Services

I just bought a 2nd hand 3210 and all was working well. I was playing around with my menus and now I cannot send txt messages. I only get the message 'Check Operator Services'. what does this mean and how can I make it so that I can send sms again?
    thanks in advance.
    EL

RE: Check Operator Services

I'm not sure if this will help but could it be possible that you have turned call barring on (this is in the security settings on the phone). It might be worth turning this off or contacting your network operator to see if any barring has been enabled.
    The only other thing to try is resetting the factory options (there should be a menu option for this).

If this is no help it might be worth loading up an internet search engine and searching for "Check Operator Services"

Regards

Dave

RE: Check Operator Services

In our country most of the users use a Prepaid subscription system where you buy credit-loader cards instead of paying a montly bill. When our credits run out, we would receive "Check Operator Services" indicating that we need to buy a new card. It is also possible that you have to activate your SMS services before you can use them.

Check with your mobile phone company.