Discussion Board

Unhappy S60 3rd Edition sdk emulator cannot be started up

I installed S60 3rd Edition sdk for c++ in my pc. The emulator cannot be started up. It appearred around 15 seconds, then disappearred automatically. My pc installed Windows XP SP2. Java environment is jdk 1.5.0_06. Perl version is 5.8.8. By the way, I did try S60 3rd Edition sdk for MIDP. I met same problem. :confused:

Re: S60 3rd Edition sdk emulator cannot be started up

i ran into the same issue, did u get it resolved?

Angry Re: S60 3rd Edition sdk emulator cannot be started up

I meet the problem too!But emulator never display ! What can I do?

except it , I surprise to find the the application can be comple and link correct!

I just installed S60 3rd Edition SDK on a Windows XP Home SP2. It starts up, but is all it can do. I can't load any example application. I can't setup preferences (it keep me showing "Cannot start ecmt Manager"). I can't even uninstall the SDK (the uninstaller show an "InstantiationTargetException" message). I use JDK 1.6.0_04 that works with Sun emulator, Motorola emulator and Sony Ericsson emulator. Why Nokia is always so painful to work? This is my 3rd try to install a Nokia SDK without success. Now I have a peace of software occupying more than 1GB of hard drive space completely useless.

Nokia Developer Moderator

How about searching the Discussion Boards (or Google) for the sring "Cannot start Ecmt Manager" rather than reopening an unrelated thread some 2 yeas after it was closed? (http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...t+ecmt+Manager)

Also, reading the release notes of the SDK is free of charge and might provide some clues ... As for example the fact that you are using an JRE what was not available at the time the SDK was designed and tested.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by aleantonello View Post
    I just installed S60 3rd Edition SDK on a Windows XP Home SP2. It starts up, but is all it can do. I can't load any example application. I can't setup preferences (it keep me showing "Cannot start ecmt Manager"). I can't even uninstall the SDK (the uninstaller show an "InstantiationTargetException" message). I use JDK 1.6.0_04 that works with Sun emulator, Motorola emulator and Sony Ericsson emulator. Why Nokia is always so painful to work? This is my 3rd try to install a Nokia SDK without success. Now I have a peace of software occupying more than 1GB of hard drive space completely useless.
    Check this one if it helps

Edit : I see Ltomuta has already pointed you in the right direction ;)

i know this is a old thread however i had a similar problem and it was zone alarm firewall that was causing it
    i manage to get the emulator working by disabling zone alarm and just using the build in windows firewall