Discussion Board

How can I download jar and jad files to mobile phone from the web server ?

Hello buddies ;

I need to develop a Midlet that connects the web server (which is Apache) and downloads the jad and jar files from the server. Does anyone knows that how can I do this work with J2me ? could you help me ?

thank you very much

Nokia Developer Champion
    Do you want to install another MIDlet from within your MIDlet or do you try to update your current MIDlet?

Re: How can I download jar and jad files to mobile phone from the web server ?

Actually ;

I must write a MIDlet that downloads the files from the web server. My MIDlet will not be changed , it will able to be downloading other files to my mobile phone.

Actually ,
    after establishing the http connection, and reading with input stream, how can I save the jar file in my mobile phones persistent memory ?

Doesnt anyone know this, please help ?

thank you
    Best Regards

Nokia Developer Champion
    Could you answer my question, please? Do you want to install another MIDlet into your MIDlet suite or a complete new suite? Or are these only Java class files as extension for your MIDlet?

What should the user do with your application and what benefit does a user gain with these new downloaded files? Which platform (Series) are you targeting?

Smile Re: How can I download jar and jad files to mobile phone from the web server ?

I will download new jar files which are Java Archive files it means that they are new midlets. I am using MIDP 2.0 profile. I will download that files to my mobile phone. I just found a method " platformRequest(); " which is working on MIDP 2.0 now I am testing this method.
    have you ever used this method ?

Super Contributor

Super Contributor

Hi,
    Hope this link will be useful for you.

www.devx.com/Java/Article/10688/1954?pf=true

Thanks
    Soku

thank you very much, these helped me
    Regards

Hi @soldiercan:

Would you please share your experience/achievement on this? I am also looking for the same kind

Thanks in advance
    /Mohan

Super Contributor

You're replying to a thread from five years ago. Did you not get the information you wanted in your own thread?

Graham.

@Graham: Though i got some pointers from forum members but didn't get the solution. Just wanted to check my luck. soldiercan had the same situation so just wanted to cehck with him if he achieved it in any form,