Discussion Board

write perl/python script in your S60 phone

----Description----
    Welcome use kamijawa's perl/python editor for S60(kpefs60).It is a portable editor which let you editing perl/python script in your symbian S60 phone. You can conveniently editing your script and running it with few actions.It supports "find", "replace", "goto" common editor's command, it also supports keyword hightlight. It can edit multi-files(upmost to 4) simultaneously and switch them easily by pressing one button. Now with kpefs60 you can farthest make use of your S60 phone and have fun in script programming.

----Support Model----
    All S60 v1.x-v2.x model like N-GAGE,6600,7610,6670,6630,6680,6681,3230,N70(not tested)
    Note: S60 3rd is not supported

----Installation----
    You need install symbianperl and python for s60(pys60) first because kpefs60 use some library file when running perl/python script.Both these two are open source software and can be get from www.sourceforge.net. The latest version is symbianperl-v0.4.0 and pys60-1.3.1. It is recommanded that all software install to driver E(memory card) because there will be lot of trouble if install to driver C(phone memory ). After installed symbianperl and pys60 , you can install kpefs60 into driver E(memory card), it will generate two directory "perl" and "python" under root of driver E, which contains some example script files in both.

----How to Use----
    Launch this app, it will generate a blank file with a default path "E:\perl\untitle0.pl" . After edit it, you can save it with default path by select "save" in option menu or save it with customized path by select "save as" . Now the current file's path is changed to latest one, all modification is under this path. Select "save and run" in option menu the script will be saved and run in symbianperl's environment(if file name is "*.py", it will launch pys60's interface and run on it. The default file type is .pl, you need save as .py file in "save as" dialog if you want run python script).
    If you want edit another script file but keep current file, select "new file" in option menu, it will make a new blank file ready to edit. It can open and edit upmost 4 files simultaneously. you can switch them by pressing right-function button(usually it is consider as "Exit" button, but not act as "Exit" here!) or in option menu press "next window", "previous window".
    In "setting" of option menu, you can set up many default setting like default save folder, keyword color,etc. Some are under develop so that will not take effect.

download

Re: write perl/python script in your S60 phone

Quote Originally Posted by kamijawa
    ----Description----
    Welcome use kamijawa's perl/python editor for S60(kpefs60).
    download
    Hello,

I try your but it show an error when I launch it :
    App. closed
    Kpefs60
    USER 23

About PANIC USER 23 I found this :
    From SDK System Panic Reference

"This panic is raised when any operation that moves or copies data to an 8 bit variant descriptor, causes the length of that descriptor to exceed its maximum length.

It may be caused by any of the copying, appending or formatting member functions and, specifically, by the Insert(), Replace(), Fill(), Fillz() and ZeroTerminate() descriptor member functions. It can also be caused by the SetLength() function."

Could you help me ?
    Last edited by cyke64; 2006-06-02 at 20:20. Reason: doc
    pys60 1.4.5 and 2.0.0, pygame, PyS60 CE on E90 and 5800 !

Find my pys60 extension modules on cyke64.googlepages.com

hi cyke64 :
    Are you sure you installed symbianperl and python for s60(pys60) first , and all these include this must install in drive E:. You are using 6600 right? I haven't test it in 6600, my develop deck in 6630+SDK2.6+vs2003+symbianperl_0.4.0+ pys60_1.3.1

Quote Originally Posted by kamijawa
    hi cyke64 :
    Are you sure you installed symbianperl and python for s60(pys60) first , and all these include this must install in drive E:. You are using 6600 right? I haven't test it in 6600, my develop deck in 6630+SDK2.6+vs2003+symbianperl_0.4.0+ pys60_1.3.1
    Yes !
    I'm checking my perl and python version. All apps are installed in e: I'm using 6600 5.27
    Is source code of your app (kpefs60.app) available ?
    Could you release the source for compiling with my SDK 2.0 ?
    I compile avec 6600+SDK 2.0 + M$ VC + symbianperl 0.4.0 + pys60 1.3.1

thanks

hi cyke64:
    Leave your mail address I will send you the source. maybe you could help me make it better in previous SDK and now on. I am busy on my job and have less time complete it.

PS : this is my first symbian app and may be buggy everywhere and the stucture of source is hard to understand(I borrowed from many example of nokia). you can rewrite it partially or entirely to meet your favor

I send you my address by mail ...