Discussion Board

Thread: Writing MTM's

Writing MTM's

The documentation in the Symbian SDK's mention a program called 'mtmgen' for generating the .dat file you use to register a new MTM. I can't find this in the SDK v1.2 anywhere. Where does it come from? Is there some other way of generating the .dat file?

I thought it might be in the series 60 sdk but I don't have that yet - is it there? The Symbian 7.0 documentation states its use is deprecated towards a special .rss for MTM's.

Anyone else written an MTM able to shed some light on how to generate the .dat and register it?

Nokia Developer Expert

RE: Writing MTM's

Hi,

Just search for "MTM" and you will find an answer from Forum Nokia related to this subject.

Regards,
    FN Developer Support

Hi,
    I am also facing the same problem with .dat file. how to register the MTMgroupdata. I hope u achieved this. Any help to me greatly appreciated to over come this problem.

Thanks in advance
    Regards
    Ram

Hi,
    Thank you very much for your response. My Mail id: ramkumar.seepana@jpmil.com.

thanks & regards
    Ram

Hi,
    i am waiting for ur response. can u sent me as early as possible, bcoz i stucked up with this.

regards
    Ram

Hi,
    I read ur comments. i expected the code from u. but i didn't gt that.. jujst i am reminding becoz i stucked in the half way any help from u is great..
    thanks and regards
    Ram

Nokia Developer Administrator

Link to mtmgen response

Here is a link to the post that was referenced above by vphong.

Could you please provide a link to a document that you have found when you reply to somebody's post, vphong? It makes the process much easier for everyone.