Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Red face I can't reinstall PC Suite Support into my phone

Accidentally, I've deleted the Nokia PC Suite support applications's file in my phone. I just remember one file that I've deleted. The file is DSFPROFILEEDITOR.EXE, in phone memory.

The Nokia PC Suite support applications is applications that will automatically send into our phone and ask us to install it into phone when we want to create a message through Nokia PC Suite and send it through Nokia PC Suite too for the first time.

I've reinstalled Nokia PC Suite, Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver, Nokia PC Connectivity Solution and run Nokia PC Suite Cleaner. Only the The Nokia PC Suite support applications that always fail while trying to install in my phone and untill now, I can't create and send a message through Nokia PC Suite.

What could be the problem is?

Please help

Also, I've followed the instructions at Nokia site:
    Code:
    http://www.nokia-asia.com/faqsearch/ShowQA?id=53506&prod=1787&ch=78349&si=0&reg=2&adv=false&qt=PC%20Suite%20Support
    Q: Sending of short message with Nokia Text Message Editor fails.

A:

Check the connectivity between your phone and PC. If the connection is fine, and other PC Suite applications work without problems, check your phone's operating system (ISA or Symbian) from www.nokia.com or from the phone's user guide.

If your phone's operating system is ISA (Series 40), check that your message settings are correct. Contact your local phone operator for more information.

If your phone's operating system is Symbian (S60, Series 80 or Series 90), check that the PC Suite Support file is installed in your phone. The PC Suite Support file is an add-on application for PC Suite usage with contacts and messages. You can check it from the phone's application list. See your phone's user guide for more information. In your situation, the PC Suite Support file might be corrupted or too old for the PC Suite version you are currently using. Do as follows:

1) Disconnect the phone from the PC.
    2) Uninstall the PC Suite Support file from your phone.
    3) Reconnect your phone to the PC with the Get Connected wizard (on the PC Suite main window).
    4) PC Suite detects that the PC Suite Support file is missing and advises you to install it.
    5) Follow the instructions on the phone's display.

Alternative keywords: SMS, shortmessage, textmessage
    My main problem is I don't accidentally uninstall the PC Suite support applications in phone, but I accidentally deleted the installation file (DSFPROFILEEDITOR.EXE) and after deleted, I'm also uninstall all of the Nokia PC suite support applications in phone.

EDIT:
    Oh, yes, almos forgot. My phone is Nokia 6630 firmware 5.03.08, using Nokia PC Suite latest version (Nokia_PC_Suite_68_rel_22_eng_web.msi). I got the accidental while using the realease 21 with PC Suite and just same problem
    Last edited by rulirahm; 2006-06-09 at 08:00. Reason: I forgot to tell my phone model and its firmware also the version of Nokia PC Suite that I'm faced with this problem :(
    Ruli Rahmadi

Forum Nokia

Super Contributor

Re: I can't reinstall PC Suite Support into my phone

I´m not so familiar with that file, but I quickly checked my N90 and it has the same file.

I guess you need to contact the nearest servicepoint so they can flash your phone, so you get the file back to the phone.

Regular Contributor

Red face Re: I can't reinstall PC Suite Support into my phone

Quote Originally Posted by damn_delicious
    I´m not so familiar with that file, but I quickly checked my N90 and it has the same file.

I guess you need to contact the nearest servicepoint so they can flash your phone, so you get the file back to the phone.
    No. The file is from additional application (from Nokia PC Suite). Not from Z: drive (ROM). You'll get the file (application) when you try the Messaging feature from Nokia PC Suite (create and send message through Nokia PC Suite).

I accidentally delete that file and after the accident, I'm also quickly reinstall all of the Nokia PC Suite support application in case to get clean uninstallation in my phone.

I've read the change log from firmware (Nokia 6630) version 5.03.06 to version 6.03.08 and it has nothing to do with my problem or Nokia PC Suite.

Note:

Also, with this opportunity, I wanna ask a question to NOKIA about the latest firmware of my phone (The Nokia 6630). The latest version of the firmware is 6.03.08 and untill this morning, not yet available in my country (especially in the city where I live).

I have NCC (Nokia Care Center) here in my city and for whatever problem, I'm always visit and ask NCC also firmware upgrade. I don't trust another 3rd party service . I'm living in Indonesia AKA APAC (Asia Pasific) by Nokia's device. Many country already has this latest firmware. Please someone from NOKIA explain it to me and thanks to NOKIA for the great and the amazing device, The Nokia 6630.
    Ruli Rahmadi

Forum Nokia

Regular Contributor

Re: I can't reinstall PC Suite Support into my phone

I fixed this problem. I formatted the phone but for backup purpose (I've posted the question), still won't work
    Last edited by rulirahm; 2006-06-12 at 08:56.
    Ruli Rahmadi

Forum Nokia