Discussion Board

Unhappy Nokia 6020 cable modem not responding

I have nokia 6020 phone. I connected it to my computer with DKU 5 cable. I can transfer files and pics from phone to computer and viceversa but when i want to use it for internet purpose, the one touch access of PC suit 6.5 gives the message that it cannot connect to the selected device. I have installed drivers for DKU 5 correctly, then installed PC suit 6.5 and also installed modem but all in vain. My modem does not respond. During diagonistic check too the message appears that "modem failed to respond, make sure it is properly connected and turned on". Presently i have AIRTEL's gprs(Mobile office) subscribed. I can browse net with my handset(6020) but when i connect it to my pc, the modem does not respond.
    I have gone through mostly all the informative pages on net but i don't know where is the problem.
    Please help me guys....i am really tired and frustrated......

++++++++++++++++
    [SIZE=3]I tried to uninstall Nokia PC suit completely with cc cleance and pc suit cleaner i did this many times to confirm that all the components are clearly removed. I installed DKU 5 cable driver first then installed PC suit 6.8 and then installed modem. I can connect to PC but i cannot connect the net through one touch in pc suit. When ever i try to connect through pc suit's one touch, the connection with the phone is disconnected and a pop up appears that connection with nokia 6020 has been disconnected and then after few seconds a message appears from one touch "cannot connect to the selected device".
    Please help me and suggest me what should i do? Is this happening due to DKU 5 as the nokia site mentions CA 42 as compitable cable for Nokia 6020. Or is there any other reason that my modem is not responding and the pc cannot connect to the modem device.....
    PLease help friends....i need your help.......desperately......
    [/SIZE]
    Last edited by mayank501; 2006-06-12 at 14:53. Reason: Nokia 6020 cable modem still not responding after fresh installation

Regular Contributor

Post Re: Nokia 6020 cable modem not responding

1. Uninstall everything that related with Nokia PC Suite. In Add/Remove program at Windows's Control Panel, it should be:
    1. Nokia PC Suite.
    2. Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver.
    3. Nokia PC Connectivity Solution.

2. Reboot PC.

3. Download, install and run Nokia PC Suite Cleaner.

4. Download, install and run CCleaner:
    Code:
    http://www.CCleaner.com
    Clean ur windows registry with CCleaner. Run CCleaner around 5 times or until ur registry very-very clean then reboot PC. Run CCleaner again around 3 times.

5. Install PC Suite (latest version).

Note: remember, whenever Nokia PC Suite Cleaner ask u to reboot your PC, do it .
    Last edited by rulirahm; 2006-06-12 at 08:38. Reason: Add a note at the bottom of the message.
    Ruli Rahmadi

Forum Nokia

Regular Contributor

Lightbulb Re: Nokia 6020 cable modem not responding

Quote Originally Posted by mayank501
    I have nokia 6020 phone. I connected it to my computer with DKU 5 cable. I can transfer files and pics from phone to computer and viceversa but when i want to use it for internet purpose, the one touch access of PC suit 6.5 gives the message that it cannot connect to the selected device. I have installed drivers for DKU 5 correctly, then installed PC suit 6.5 and also installed modem but all in vain. My modem does not respond. During diagonistic check too the message appears that "modem failed to respond, make sure it is properly connected and turned on". Presently i have AIRTEL's gprs(Mobile office) subscribed. I can browse net with my handset(6020) but when i connect it to my pc, the modem does not respond.
    I have gone through mostly all the informative pages on net but i don't know where is the problem.
    Please help me guys....i am really tired and frustrated......

++++++++++++++++
    [SIZE=3]I tried to uninstall Nokia PC suit completely with cc cleance and pc suit cleaner i did this many times to confirm that all the components are clearly removed. I installed DKU 5 cable driver first then installed PC suit 6.8 and then installed modem. I can connect to PC but i cannot connect the net through one touch in pc suit. When ever i try to connect through pc suit's one touch, the connection with the phone is disconnected and a pop up appears that connection with nokia 6020 has been disconnected and then after few seconds a message appears from one touch "cannot connect to the selected device".
    Please help me and suggest me what should i do? Is this happening due to DKU 5 as the nokia site mentions CA 42 as compitable cable for Nokia 6020. Or is there any other reason that my modem is not responding and the pc cannot connect to the modem device.....
    PLease help friends....i need your help.......desperately......
    [/SIZE]

At least, u need XPSP2.

Download the latest drivers (modem, BT etc.) from Nokia site.
    Last edited by rulirahm; 2006-06-13 at 07:04.
    Ruli Rahmadi

Forum Nokia

Re: Nokia 6020 cable modem not responding

i have made a successful connection between PC and Nokia 6020 using CA-42 USB cable( of course as an extrenal modem also). I think DKU- 5 also works similar way.

But as a modem it made me mad. because of automatic detection of COM port setting( COM 1 or COM 3 etc.) completely failed.

Ultimately i did this successfully. i am using Grameenphone's (bangladesh) EDGE connection.

ok. some tips for successfull connection between PC and Nokia 6020 as an external modem.

1) no need to follow the sequence of installation as required by some mentors
    2) download latest version of CA-42 or DKU- 5 driver for modem connected through USB
    3)download cable connectivity driver( or u can use the driver supplied with CD)

4) remember u don't need pc suite to work as external modem

5) u must not connect pc suite to ur cable( deselect all check box on Pc suite's "connection manager"

6)after installing cable driver for USB ( from ur current conditon of successfull access through pc suite... uninstall all previous entry for modem) install modem using control panel> phone and modem options> add >.. > use have disk options > then locate driver for modem u just downloaded
    7) select all port avalable

8) go to device manager take a note about the port name( e.g. com1 , com2 , com3 etc. for CA-42 cable ( or DKU-5)

9)if port name for cable and modem is different then use registry to match ( all entries)the port number for "modem" with prot name for "cable" (try searching the name mentioned in the phone and modem options)

10) final step configure a connection using ur cell phone operators supplied info( i.e phone number, external initialization command). remember u must need to place " external initialization" command on phone and modem options for ur successful modem name( u may have more than one modem on ur modem list

............ its a long way...........
    ...........u may choose alternative way....... go for nokia 6020 infra red USB connection using infrared sensor.

Believe it or not i am successfully using nokia 6020 Irda connection as modem
    but my other friend using CA-42 cable connection for internet

P.S.
    let me know the situation

Regular Contributor

Can u guide me about how to backup Nokia 6630 with PC Suite? I've tried latest three version of PC Suite. None of them works. I'm using Windows 2000 Professional with latest SP.
    Ruli Rahmadi

Forum Nokia

dont panic buddy! me too had a similar mess with 6100. however after hard labour of about 5 hours i learned that simple TRICK. Let me guess your present problem. you have installed all the sofware u could get but modem is done right?
    whenever u try to install a new modem through phone and modem options the port available is just com1 and com2(can vary), but the dku 5 is actually in com4(say), then u HAD selected one of those and installed it.

if this happens to be the case, let me tell u, it will never work.
    you may need not do any registry repair to fix this neither crap cleaner.

fixing your problem...
    1. uninstall everything
    2.install the data cable connectivity setup from the data cable cd(win may not show this as a driver since it is a setup.exe file)
    3. PLUG IN U'R DKU 5 ONLY (NO PHONE PLEASE). WAIT for sometime.the comp detects it. install the drivers from the CD now.if windows reports any intialisation failure, manually locate the file(*.sys )
    4. now GO TO PHONE AND MODEM OPTIONS AGAIN. YOU WILL FIND THE COM4 AVAILABLE NOW. AND PROCEED WITH MODEM INSTALLATION
    5 AFTER U HAVE INSTALLED THE MODEM UNDER COM4 , INSTALL PC SUITE.NOW U CAN CONNECT DKU 5 TO PHONE.
    6 SELECT MANAGE CONNECTIONS-> dku 5-> and u'r phone will be detected
    7. select the settings under connect to internet from pc suite , and change it to airtel india(u know this right?)
    and click connect.
    8. NOW THEY WILL SAY THAT U'R PHONE HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED, DONT WORRY IT WILL BE CONNECTED TO INTERNET WITHIN 10 7 SECOND OR SO!

ENJOY......SURFING BUT STILL REMEMBER U DONT NEED AN ORIGINAL DKU 5 TO RUN THIS THING.

hi guys i have a problem in connecting nokia 6020 with my pc using DKU-5 cable.officially nokia pc-suite 6.81 does not support DKU-5.will any one tell me the complete procedure to configure it.

Well... I set up everything with my DKU-5 cable modem and tried to connect it to my computer with Nokia 6020 and everytime it says DATA ENHANCEMENT REQUIRED.(tried it on 2 other computers as well same thing) I asked friends, family, and even people("technicians") at Fido stores and they couldnt explain it.

One person did say it may be that my computer is missing a software that requires it to work but I dunno what that is... someone help me out.

Procedure of install CA-42 cable driver and internet connection.

1) Download only inf file for NOKIA 6020 CA-42 cable modem and save it.(http://www.nokia.co.in/nokia/0,,70842.html)
    2) Remove all modem driver and CA-42 cable driver for NOKIA 6020.
    3) If you have installed NOKIA PC SUITE then uninstall NOKIA PC SUITE.
    4) Unplug your NOKIA CA-42 cable from USB port and restart your pc
    5) Attach your CA-42 cable with your pc.
    6) Windows show a dialog box for new hardware.
    7) Insert NOKIA CA-42 cable driver CD into CDROM drive.
    8) Install NOKIA CA-42 cable driver.
    9) Attach your NOKIA 6020 phone with CA-42 cable.
    10) Go to control panel and open the phone and modem option.
    11) Click the “modems” then click the “add” button.
    12) A dialog box will open for add new hardware.
    13) Click the “Don’t detect my modem; I will select it from a list” and click the next button.
    14) Select the “Standard modem types” and click the “Have disk” button.
    15) Click the “Browse” button and locate the inf file.
    16) Click next button and select “All ports” and click next button.
    17) Go to control panel, open “Network Connection” and create a new connection.

NOKIA CA-42 cable user I personally suggest that do not install NOKIA PC SUITE (only for internet user).

Re: Nokia 6020 cable modem

1) Download only inf file for NOKIA 6020 CA-42 cable modem and save it.(http://www.nokia.co.in/nokia/0,,70842.html)
    13) Click the “Don’t detect my modem; I will select it from a list” and click the next button.

NOKIA CA-42 cable user I personally suggest that do not install NOKIA PC SUITE (only for internet user).

Smile Re: Nokia 6020 cable modem not responding

Nokia 6020 modem driver location changed to,
    http://www.nokia-asia.com/A4416310

Smile Re: Nokia 6020 cable modem

Quote Originally Posted by kalyan.cmc View Post

I guess having Nokia PC suite installed on your PC will not block the modem connection. Only one think should be made sure is to dissable all available connections for Nokia PC suite using connection manager if one needs to connect to the handset modem.