Discussion Board

Need help........Problem in running the HelloWorld Example in Series 60 SDK

HI..

I am trying to run the Hello World Example in the Series 60 SDK as described in the Help in Series 60 SDK.......when I am executing the "bldmake bldfiles" command, it works well and builds a lot of files....but after that when I try to do "abld makefile vc6", it gives me the following error: "nmake -nologo -f "<path>\epoc32\build\<path>\epoc32ex\HelloWorld\HelloWorld\VC6"MAKEFILE VERBOSE=-s
    The name specified is not recognized as an internel or external command, operable program or batch file".....I have also tried "abld build wins udeb" or "abld build armi urel"..same type of error message..........I have re-installed the complete SEries 60 SDK 2 times......same result.........what is wrong? DO I have to change some pathe setting or write something on the Autoexec.bat or?

Nokia Developer Moderator

RE: Need help........Problem in running the HelloWorld Example in Series 60 SDK

It is likely that the path is wrong. abld command will be created by bldmake.

Check the path and epocroot in Windows Explorer. nmake is at the end of a path and in your case it is not found.

-Seppo
    Forum Nokia

Regular Contributor

RE: Need help........Problem in running the HelloWorld Example in Series 60 SDK

I've copied this from a previous board reply :

It sounds like nmake is not in your path. Type "nmake" and see if it runs.

nmake is the Visual Studio make file, which the tool chain uses to build it's files, and is usually located in (something like)

c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\bin

If this is not on you path it needs to be added. The usual reason for this not being on your path, is that the Visual Studio enviroment variables have not been added. If you look in

c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\bin
    there should be a program called VCVARS32.BAT. Running this should update your path, and nmake may then work. You then have the choice of running VCVARS32.BAT each time you start the command prompt, or adding all the environment settings into windows.

Any use ?