Discussion Board

symbian error code:-10509

hello,

everytime I want to run a project I get this error code and I cannot find the solution. And I need the emulator to test stuff.
    can anyone help me plz...

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: symbian error code:-10509

Hi,

I think this is an authentication error due to connection failure in AMS Server... please check the following links for details....

What JAVA Developers Need To Know
    MIDP Lifecycle in Symbian OS

Cheers
    Dennis

Hi Dennis,

Could you elaborate more on this, I've read through the links and can't seem to find a resolution to the 10509 problem that I have here as well,
    My issue also involves in ability to install a midlet on the device, the installation starts and fails about 3/4 of the way with the message "authorisation failed" (yes, with an "s"), I'm installing in a normal manner -- running the SDK emulator, then use file->open, directing it to the relevant jar/jad.

any hint into this issue would be great,
    --tzurs
    BTW.
    I must say to the Nokia people that as a developer for 20 years, the environment is extremely frustrating and I feel like I'm spending 90% of the time on configuration issue and getting things to even run, rather than concentrating in my code, this reminds me assembly language development 20 years ago. very frustrating.

Super Contributor

Regarding the authorisation Failed message, it might be due to several reasons.

1) May be due to that the MIDlet is using APi's that are not supported by the phone.

2) Also might be due to some problem while Signing. It is not necessary that the app needs to be signed. But Signing will makes the app trusted and remove the permission messages.

Hope this links are of some interest!.
    http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...ization+failed

Regarding Signing please check this link.
    http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...hlight=signing

Also there have been several discussions in this regard; please search the Forum.

Regards
    Gopal

Hi Gopel,

Thanks for the quick reply,
    1) API that is not supported? I doubt it but I'll try to remove every API that is not standard, I believe I'm using multimedia and file connection which I believe should work but I'll try removing it.
    2) signing? I'm not signing it at all, I'm in an emulator mode and have set the permissions to be manufacturer (which should allow everything I beleive),

The problem however seems more related to the configuration and setup (my intuition which maybe wrong) and not specifically to my applications,

Any ideas?
    Best regards,
    --tzurs

Super Contributor

Ok..I ncase you missed, please verify your JAD/MF entries and make sure that it matches each other. Hope you have given proper permissions in the JAD and MF files.

Regards
    Gopal

Super Contributor

hi tzurs,

as to what Gopal wrote: from "Java ME Developer Library" Nokia doc about that error (in security section "potential problems"):
    Another potential problem is a mismatch between the permissions requested by the MIDlet suite and the protection domain's permissions. This can be tested in the emulator, for example, by misspelling the requested permission to javax.microedtion.io.Connector.htt. In this case, even tough the application certificate is recognized and the MIDlet suite's integrity accepted, the requested permissions cannot be fulfilled, and the installation is aborted,
    link to doc if required:
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n..._v1_0.zip.html

the environment is extremely frustrating and I feel like I'm spending 90% of the time on configuration issue and getting things to even run, rather than concentrating in my code,
    Try NetBeans/Mobitlity Pack 5 or 5.5 beta:
    http://www.netbeans.org/products/mobility/
    http://www.netbeans.org/products/mob...timonials.html
    you can integrate most of nokias sdk with ide in one quick shot,

regards,
    Peter
    Last edited by peterblazejewicz; 2006-07-16 at 13:05.

hi peter and everyone giving a hand,
    I'm in the process of trying your suggestions however,
    I must stress that I'm currently only trying the emulator and asaik have given everything all the permissions,
    I'll update on the results shortly.
    will try netbeans as well,

kind regards,
    -t

I had this same problem(10509) a few minutes ago with the S60 3rd edition FP1 which I just installed. I have used S60 3rd edition FP2 and other S40 emulators in the past which have worked ok.

How did I resolve it? I removed the signature on the midlet and it worked!! Now that doesn't sound clever as such, it seems all the different platforms just have their own 10 commandments which are unknown until you try them out......a point for Nokia platform developers to look into.

Cheers.

Niyi.