Discussion Board

Question RTSP over Bluetooth

Hi everyone. I want to establish an rtsp connection to a server using bluetooth.
    My idea basically is to make a "bridge" or something to use the adsl connection on my pc to establish a rtsp connection to a server and then forward the stream to the mobile using bluetooth.
    The connection request should start from the mobile,go trough the bluetooth connection to the pc wich take the stream and forwards it to the mobile.

How can i do this?I know that there are several protocols like RFCOMM or OBEX or the Serial Port Profile that i can use and i've read on the documentation that:

If a service uses another protocol (such as TCP/IP) layered above one of these protocols, the application can access the service, but only if it implements the additional protocol in the application, using the CLDC Generic Connection Framework.

So i think it can be something like:

1) creating a midlet that use an rtsp connection layered above a protocol like RFCOMM and use this connection in a trasparent way for the application

but my doubt is: have i to write a "server side" application on the pc to manage this?

Thank u!

Nokia Developer Champion
    Buy a Nokia with WLAN support. Otherwise you have to code a lot.

Re: RTSP over Bluetooth

I have one and the application works fine with WLAN.My aim now is to do that using bluetooth and so i wanted to know if it is possible or not

Regular Contributor

It could work if your MIDlet includes a "proxy" that listens on the required ports and forwards everything via bluetooth to the PC and vice versa.

Might be a lot of work but should be possible.

The RTSP-URL you would use is something like "rtsp://127.0.0.1/abc" to access the local in-MIDlet proxy.

mmm...it's look like very hard to do.I don't have any idea about how to do a proxy like that.Do u have one?

Thank u!

Hi every one;
    I've a final project that is implementing a real time video conference via Bluetooth connection between desktop pc (linux) and a smartphone ( S60 3rd edition ). And use Java PL. Do u have any ideas?
    Thank you..