Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

How to remove alert message (Verisign vs JavaVerified)

Hi!
    I have just bought a Verisign Java Object Signing (Class 3) Digital ID in oder to sign a midlet.
    But even with a CA signed midlet, there are still alert message when applicaiton tries to access to the camera or to a wap site.

Is there a way to remove this alert?
    Also going to the application menu it doesn't appear (as SonyEricsson for example) the voice like "Always permitted"..

I have readen in this forum a LOT of post, but I have found also a lot of contradiction: someone says that is Verisign is enough, others say that you have to use a JavaVerified program..

Can someone make clear this point?

Many thanks!

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: How to remove alert message (Verisign vs JavaVerified)

Apparently you were able to install the signed application so the certificate can be used to sign Java Applications also on your phone. That's good.
    It is hence placed on trusted 3rd party domain (same as Java Verified). The default setting for multimedia recording in this domain is session. Blanket (always allow) should be available so the user can manually change it.
    Have you checked if you operator/carrier has implemented a little different security settings for devices?

Hartti

Regular Contributor

Hi Hartti.
    Thank you for your prompt answer..

Where I have to go in order to see if there are operator/carrier security settings?
    I can understood if this setting regards a wap access, but what about a camera access?

Nokia Developer Champion

Which carrier are you using and is your phone a customized version for that carrier? In U.S. Cingular has their Java Signing requirements available on their developer web site. So you should check the carier developer web site too.

What comes to your second question: The MIDP specification (more specifically Recommended Security Policy addendum) contains a list of functionalities, which are considered sensitive an hence the access to those functions is restricted. Network access, multimedia recording, messaging, locationing, etc. are all included on the list.

Hartti