Discussion Board

Multiple cookies problem

Hi all,

I know this issue has been raised before, but I've searched the forum and haven't found a proper solution.

I am accessing a server from my MIDlet over HTTPS. The server is returning two cookies to me which I must send back in every subsequent request. This works fine on the Sun emulator and a Motorola handset, but on my Nokia phones I am only getting one of the cookies.

Has this issue been resolved? Does anyone in Nokia have a workaround for it? It is a critical issue for me now as I must support multiple cookies.

Thanks a lot to anyone who can offer some advice.
    Therese.

Re: Multiple cookies problem

Hi,

I came across a temporary solution to this problem. By sending two requests, I manage to get the two cookies I need. However, this is obviously not an ideal solution since I'd like to keep the network traffic to a minimum.

It would be great if someone could let me know if they have had a similar problem and managed to find a workaround. Or if someone from Nokia could confirm that this is a known issue. I haven't seen it mentioned in the list of known issues. This is a real show-stopper for me at this stage since I need to return two cookies to the server.

I know that the server is sending me back two cookies yet when I trace all the response headers received by my application, there is only one set-cookie header.

Thanks very much to anyone who can offer me any help.
    Cheers,
    Therese