Discussion Board

Sending MMS: Visual C++ Example not working

I want to build an application in VC++ which must be able to send MMS messages using a 7650 connected via infrared.

I'd like to use the messaging API.

So I downloaded the Visual C++ MMS Sending Example from the Nokia Download area, but I have some troubles.

I downloaded and installed the Symbian SDK 6.1 (0.9).

I opened the MMExample.dsw from VC++ and tried to build the EXE file.

I had 102 errors, like the following:

Compiling...
    MMSExample.cpp
    c:\symbian\6.1\series60\epoc32\include\e32std.h(480) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'TInt64'
    c:\symbian\6.1\series60\epoc32\include\e32std.h(480) : error C2501: 'IMPORT_C' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
    c:\symbian\6.1\series60\epoc32\include\e32std.h(483) : error C2146:
    syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'TInt64'

etc... etc....

c:\symbian\6.1\series60\epoc32\include\e32std.h(637) : fatal error C1003: error count exceeds 100; stopping compilation
    Error executing cl.exe.

MMSExample.exe - 102 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Could you please tell me how can I solve this problem ?

Regular Contributor

RE: Sending MMS: Visual C++ Example not working

I've just tried to compile the same example and had no problems, so I wonder if your SDK is setup correctly.

Have you succesfully built other examples ? If not, then you need to go through the pain of setting up the SDK correctly. The are a number of entries on the noticeboards about how to solve these problems.

If you have compiled other examples ok, I wonder if one of your header files is corrupted. Check E32STD.H and any file it includes to make sure it looks ok. I've had this type of error when one of my header files did not have a semi-colon after a class definition ie.

class myClass : public CBase
    {
    } // <------- missing semi colon here