Discussion Board

6280 Application Access

Hey there, I've got a problem. Whenever I set an application's access settings to anything else then not allowed it says that the settings are saved but when I try to use the application (for example a Bluetooth chat app) it says it's not allowed...And when I check the settings it really isn't allowed...how could I fix this issue? This is very annoying, and I'd really like to use bluetooth apps and games... Thanks in advance

Super Contributor

Re: 6280 Application Access

Hi jarrekstar_ ! Welcome to Nokia Discussion Boards!!

Have you signed your application ? If so please mention which certificate you have used to sign your app.

Regards
    Gopal

Does the Nokia 6280 (Nokia Series 40 3rd Edition) allow Bluetooth Push Registry at all?

The – when it it comes to the firmware components – older Nokia 6270 does not offer this. The upcoming Nokia 6151 might do that because Nokia states it would support the Nokia Sensor application.
    Last edited by traud; 2006-06-21 at 07:20.

I haven't signed the apps because I haven't made them...I downloaded them...they are freeware, like BlueChat...And how could I sign them? Or what can I do to enable their BT Access

You need to buy a Java Code Signing certificate (Verisign/Thawte) and use a Nokia Developer suite to sign the Java application.

Depends on operator restrictions, signed Java application may still be denied access to some phone functions.

I waiting for information from 'real' user of 6151 on the complete MMAPI compliance and access to IMEI details through signed application.

Jason

Smile Re: 6280 Application Access

Okay...thank you for your help

I do not think this is a signing issue. Are these applications qualified for your device?

Well as far as I know they should work very nicely...But as I said when I change the permission it doesn't save it...it reverts it back to all denied...And when I check the app's details it says there is no certificate...

Options > Application Access > Communication > Connectivity > Ask first time only
    This should be the default and the one for Bluetooth. Do not get confused by the state. There are themes whiches make it difficult to distiguish a not-available options from something else. However, for Connectivity all options should be available otherwise your operator has given you a custom tailored phone.

Additionally, make sure with the author your Nokia 6280 is supported by them. There are a lot of applications out there which should but do not work as intended.

Hmm...I see...But whenever I set it to Ask first time only it says it's saved but when I go back into that menu again it is still set to Not Allowed...And I don't understand why does it reset it...On the other hand there is a Pre-Installed browser, the Opera, and when I check it's access, it saves what I set...I can set is to Not Allowed, Always allowed...It remembers it...