Discussion Board

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: S60 Signing and Certification

Hi..
    I have certificate error problem which my fren dont have.. and i have certificate error with all the sis file i tried to installed.. I am using 3250.. and i cant go to the url you provided.. it got bug..

Nokia Developer Moderator

Remove the closing parenthesis from the end of the URL.
    If you have error, and others do not, the first thing you should check is the date and time of the phone (devices do not accept time-traveller installer files from the future), and the second one is to enable installation of all/untrusted appliactions in the settings page of the Application Manager.

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi,
    I have a pkg file which intall 4 applications. I realise communication between them via a settings file. That file installed in c:\system\data\. I add an empty file to pkg to guarantee it's uninstallation, bcs FN option depricated in 3rd ed. Instead that its recommended to use private folders and thats is a note from SDK:

A package can only deliver a data file into the private directory belonging to any executable in the package. If therefore, a package delivers 3 executables: SID1, SID2, SID3 (where SID stands for Secure ID), then data files can be delivered to /private/SID1/, /private/SID2/, or /private/SID3/. In an upgrade, this is also possible by associating the upgrade package with the SIDs present in the original package unless one of the original executables is to be removed during the upgrade.
    But I cant implement interprocess communication using private folders. And I cant implement it in any other way instead of settings file.
    So, thats my question - is this situation couse any problems while signing?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi,
    I have a following quistion.
    I going to sign shareware application which require registration via SMS. I have to provide registration key to Test House? What i should do if Registration server not yet complited? (Program can perform some valuable functions in demo mode and must be signed as fast as possible). Can they test it in Demo mode without a reg key?
    With best regards,

Super Contributor

If i am not wrong you donot have to provide KEY ... If your application works in full feature mode in trial duration that is all it req.

Nokia Developer Expert

No, it 50% functional.. Is that a problem?

Super Contributor

Yes, it must be 100% functional to be tested properly..

Exclamation Re: S60 Signing and Certification

Hello,
    I also hoped, the self signing mechanism of Carbide C++ V1.2 would fulfill this task. Nevertheless after installing a "Hello world" app. to a E65 the message "Certification Error. Please contact vendor..." occurs. I am using S60 3ed SDK. Can anybody help me??
    Thanks.

Super Contributor

Have you enable "self-signing" on you E65? By default, all Eseries devices do not allow installation of self-signing application; while in Nseries devices, it is enabled by default.

Please check my blog posting here, http://www.s60tips.com/2006/05/25/in...0-3rd-edition/
    Antony Pranata
    http://www.antonypranata.com/
    http://www.s60tips.com/

Super Contributor

There is a brand spanking new screencast posted on Forum Nokia describing the steps you need to take to actually prepare your application for Symbian Signed. This includes obtaining a Trustcenter Publisher ID, converting it to a certifiicate and key pair used to sign the application, running some of the Symbian Signed test cases as well as finally signing the application for upload to Symbian Signed.

Check it out at: http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n..._0_en.exe.html

Super Contributor

S60 Signing and Certification - Future direction

On a related note, there are some very positive developments brewing in Symbian Signed land with the next few months. Check out this post to find out the details and post any comments that you have: http://developer.symbian.com/forum/t...21377&tstart=0

This improvement is mainly targeting companies in the S60 SW business, though it will add a few small details that would be helpful for freeware/open source as well. That said, we have not forgotten about the freeware/open source issues.

If you have been giving input on Symbian Signed here or on the Symbian signed site, you should thank yourself, developer feedback (or should I say pushback) has been instrumental in driving the upgrade.

hello
    dear member
    can anybody plz show me hw i can sign an application?
    cos i have a lot of probleme when i want to install an application on my nokia e90
    god bless u all

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: S60 Signing and Certification

Quote Originally Posted by talton76 View Post
    hello
    dear member
    can anybody plz show me hw i can sign an application?
    cos i have a lot of probleme when i want to install an application on my nokia e90
    god bless u all
    Check out following Wiki Articles and select your type from them:

* Developer certificate
    * How to sign a .Sis file with Self-Sign Certificate

Kiran.

Super Contributor

Also note that Eseries devices, by default, don't allow self-signed application. You can enable self-signed application from the Settings menu. Check my blog posting for more information, http://www.s60tips.com/2006/05/25/in...0-3rd-edition/
    Antony Pranata
    http://www.antonypranata.com/
    http://www.s60tips.com/